BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good Girls Gone Bad

I was still avoiding Adam and Haylie. I think they could sense that something was up. I didn't have time to think about the whole Adam and Haylie dating situation. At least, I tried not to think about the whole Adam and Haylie situation.

I opened my front door and realized that I came home to my parents screaming. I was extremely confused, I had no idea what was going on. I figured out that it was coming from the kitchen. Of course, I'm a coward and decided to run upstairs and hide in my room. I kept the door open so I could hear everything that was going on.

"Brittany, what is this?" I heard my mom yell. She sounded really angry. "Why do you have birth control pills? Are you having sex? You're having sex with that boy, aren't you? Aren't you?"

OMG. I can't believe my mom found Brittany's birth control pills! My eyes darted around my room. Where can I hide mine so my mom doesn't find them? I usually kept mine in my backpack, but I'm worried that she's going to do a search and seizure of both Brittany's room and my room. I ended up wedging the pills behind the tiny gap between my bed and the wall.

"No, I'm not, Mom!" Brittany protested. "I swear I'm not!"

I crossed my fingers for her. I hoped that my mom and dad believed her. Please believe her. I could hear Brittany crying. I felt horrible for her. My parents have the tendency to overreact. Even though I know for a fact that Brittany was having sex with Zack, my parents didn't need to know that. Please believe her. Brittany, time to bring in your Oscar winning performance.

"Don't lie to your mother, young lady!" my dad yelled. "It's that boy, isn't it? He forced himself onto you didn't he?"

"No, Dad! We haven't done anything!" Brittany insisted.

"Where did you get the pills then?" my mom asked, accusingly. Come on, Brittany! Come up with a good excuse!

"I got them at the health convention at school," she said, convincingly. "Planned Parenthood was one of the people who were hosting the convention and they were giving out contraceptives and birth control to the girls."

That's a good excuse! We did have a health convention at school and Planned Parenthood was there, but that's not exactly how we got the pills.

"Why would you get the pills if you weren't having sex?" my mom asked, angrily. "That doesn't make any sense."

"They're for a rainy day," Brittany explained. "Just in case I decide to have sex when I'm in college. I want to be prepared!"

"That's stupid," my mom said.

"I'm going to call the school and ask if they had a health convention," my dad said. I laughed into my pillow. I could imagine how that conversation would go. If I worked in the office, I would hang up on him. I smiled.

"Courtney! Can you come down here?" I heard my mom call. They knew I was home.

Calm down. Breathe. They don't think you have birth control pills too. Besides, you're not having sex. You don't have anything to worry about.

I braced myself and went downstairs.

"Honey, your dad and I want to ask you if there was a health convention at school," my mom said.

"Yes, it was last month," I told her.

"Ok," my dad said. "Both of you, go upstairs."

Brittany and I walked upstairs and locked ourselves in my room. We needed a little sister time. I had to make sure that she was ok and that she wasn't mentally scarred for life. I still can't believe that my mom found her pills. I managed to hide them for 2 years and Brittany only had them for a couple months.

"Are you ok, Brit?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and sighed.

"Yeah," she said. "I can't believe she found them!"

"Where did you stash them?" I asked. I was curious. There were so many places where she could have hidden them. I don't know why my mom was in her room in the first place. She was probably snooping. I had a suspicion that she snooped in our rooms when we weren't home.

"In my dresser, she never looks in there," she said. "Well, she never did look in there."

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I told her. She laughed. I'm glad that she can laugh this off.

It took a couple days for this whole thing to blow over. My parents were acting normal again. I'm so glad that we can put this behind us.

3 comments:

Jayjay0jt said...

If you were a parent, would you buy that excuse? I definitely wouldn't. Surprisingly, that excuse WORKED for my friend when she was trying to get out of this sticky situation!

Alicia said...

I wouldn't buy that excuse, but the reason that Brittany gave for having them was a good one, and if I were a parent I'd be proud that my kid wanted to be prepared

Jayjay0jt said...

That's my thought process now, but I don't know if I'd think the same way when I'm a mom. People always tell me that it's different when they have kids. I might turn into an overprotective mother. Who knows, right?