BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

High

"What are you talking about, Court?" she asked me, confused. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She put out her cigarette. I didn't know if she was playing dumb or she was actually confused. If she was playing dumb, then she was doing one hell of a job. If I wasn't so angry at her, I would have believed her.

"You know what I'm talking about!" I exclaimed. Adam rushed over here to referee. I could yell at her as loud as I wanted to, there was no one left on campus. I couldn't believe that she was playing dumb. It was getting me angrier by the second. "The drugs!"

"What are you talking about?" She asked. I was infuriated that she was denying it. I sat down on the curb and put my head down on my knees. I was getting a stress headache. I looked up at her and gave her a "you know what I'm talking about" look. "Oh! The drugs!"

"Yes, the drugs!" I cried out. Now she knew what I was talking about. I needed to get out of here before I did or said something I would regret. "You know what? Go ahead and destroy your body. I don't care."

I breezed past her and walked to Adam's car. I had expected Adam to follow me. When I turned around, I saw him talking to Haylie. They weren't really talking. They looked like they were arguing. Haylie stormed off and Adam walked towards the car.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

He opened the passenger door for me and helped me into the car. He looked into my eyes.

"Nothing," he said. "Don't worry about it." He shut my door and went around to the driver's side.

I am so sick of everyone hiding things from me. It was a little odd that Haylie looked genuinely confused and when I put my head down, she suddenly knew what I was talking about. Did Adam mouth something to her? Was she and Adam hiding something from me? Was I being paranoid? Am I acting crazy?

I tossed and turned that night. I couldn't get those thoughts out of my head.

0 comments: