BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lazy Day Afternoon

I avoided Adam and Haylie today. I didn't know what happened at the restaurant, but I didn't want to know. If two of my best friends are dating, then that's fine with me.

Is it really fine?

I pushed that thought away. Of course I was fine. It's not like I'm jealous or anything. Why would I be? It's just Haylie and Adam. It's not like it's some random chick and some random dude.

But you are jealous.

There's nothing to be jealous of. I'm with Logan. I tried telling myself. I don't think I was very convincing. I don't know why I felt this way. I'm completely happy with Logan. I love him. Right?

"Are you ok?" Justin asked me, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said. "I'm just thinking." I pushed aside all thoughts about Logan, Haylie and Adam and concentrated on the matter at hand.

I have the honor of going with Justin to pick out the engagement ring for Sarah. It is incredibly difficult to find the perfect ring at the right price. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

Justin and Sarah have gone through their ups and their downs like any other couple. Sarah's parents did not approve of Justin because he wasn't considered to be "up to Sarah's standards". Well, who is? Sarah is a goddess who knows how to manage her time. Her ultimate goal was to get into Stanford, which was why she joined numerous clubs and volunteered at our local animal shelter. Her parents felt that she could do better than Justin.

There was nothing wrong with Justin. I wouldn't say that he was incredibly academic. He got decent grades, averaging at least a 3.5. He was only in one club, which was the Cooking Club. The only reason why he was in that in the first place was to make food for Sarah. His main priority was Sarah and work.

He was an incredibly sweet and thoughtful guy. He spoils Sarah to death. He works two jobs just so he can take her out and buy gifts for her. I remember in freshman year, he had sketched a picture of him and Sarah in a heart for Valentine's Day. His gift made all of the girls at school completely jealous.

I don't think I could find two people who love each other more than Justin and Sarah.

Her parents knew that Justin wanted to become an engineer. Sadly, in their minds, an engineer is not good enough for a doctor. Sarah has been defending Justin for the majority of their relationship.

I don't know how her parents are going to take the news. Their reaction could range from a strained "Congrats" or a screaming rated R horror movie.

I tried not to think about her parents' reaction. It always made me sad that they don't want to give Justin a chance to prove himself. He is a great guy with a lot to offer to Sarah. I don't think I've seen a more compatible couple.

Justin parked his car and went to the passenger's seat to let me out.

We went to all of the jewelry stores in the mall before settling for the first one we went to. It took us the whole day, but we had picked out a 14k white gold ring with a 1 ct. princess cut diamond. There were little diamonds trailing on both sides of the diamond. It was incredibly gorgeous. I knew that Sarah would love it.

0 comments: