BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Girls Don't Cry

*I really made a mistake and I think the best way to resolve the confusion that some people are having is to keep this post up. I honestly thought that I caught it early enough so that no one had read this, but to those who have already read it, I'm really sorry that this is repetitive. So, fast forward a couple of weeks. I'm really sorry, guys :(*

I threw my phone onto the bed. I couldn't believe that he had cancelled on me again. It was the third time this week. I was so irritated with him. I knew that he had to work so he could buy another car. That was understandable, but he has been called in to work so many times that I'm starting to miss my boyfriend. He has been working everyday this week.

I decided that since I was all dressed up, I would go over to Haylie's house to have a girl's night and to have that much needed talk. I grabbed my coat and made my way over to Haylie's house.

I tried to blow off some steam by walking. I was starting to feel like I came second to his job. It seemed like the coffeeshop was more important to him than I was. I was starting to feel like we moved too fast in our relationship and that our spark was dying.

Our phone conversations lasted for less than 3 minutes, sometimes they were just 30 second calls. We talked about the same things over and over again, talking about the past. In a single phone conversation, we said "I love you" about 15 times because we have nothing else to say. I don't know if Logan felt the same way I did.

I arrived at Haylie's house. I was going to use my key to open the door when I spotted Logan sitting in the living room.

I thought he was at work, why was he at Haylie's house?

I hid behind the bush that was in front of the window. The window was slightly open and I could hear everything that was going on inside. I took a little peek inside.

I saw Haylie walk into the living room. She was carrying two mugs and handed one to Logan.

"Thanks, babe," he said. "I love you."

I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. Did Logan just say "I love you" to Haylie?

Haylie sat down on the couch next to him and snuggled against him."I love you too, baby," she said. "I don't know how much longer I can hide our relationship from Courtney."

I can't believe that I didn't see this coming. Logan was acting distant for the last couple of weeks, ever since our anniversery. I can't believe this. It hasn't even been three months yet. I strained my ears to hear Logan's response.

"I thought we talked about this, Haylie," he said. "I'm trying to find a good time to tell her. I love you, not her. I love making love to you and being with you.

"I felt like throwing up. I can't believe this is happening. This isn't happening.

"I love it too," she said, giggling. She climbed on him and I almost threw up in the bushes. "But it's been almost a month since we've been together. The guilt is eating away at me. She is my best friend and I tell her everything. I don't think I can keep this from her anymore."

I felt like passing out. Haylie was dead to me. You can't just steal my boyfriend and expect everything to stay the same. I just couldn't listen anymore. I left.

3 comments:

Nic said...

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to hurry you into posting, if you said that was going to be a future post, I'd have waited. But it is nice to know that I'm not going crazy.

I signed on to the RSS feed, so all posts come into my e-mail.

So Haylie wasn't doing drugs (remember how confused she looked when Court confronted her) but dating Logan, and Adam probably knew this. Completely messed up friend circle.

mum said...

Oh, no! Some BFF. Now Nic's last comment makes sense. And Adam knew it, too?? How awful for something like this to be going on and being the last one to know. I would feel betrayed all around. She needs her twin! mum

Stephanie said...

With friends like this who needs enemies? Hope she gives both of them a piece of her mind. Especially that jerk Logan who we all know is just using Hatlie for sex.