BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Confessions, Part 2

I was stunned. I mean... I thought that there was someone-anyone-who had slept with him. I knew he wasn't a ladies' man but he had some good qualities to him. I thought he had gotten girls. He was talking to this one girl named Ann?.. Amy?.. or was it Ashley? Well, he was talking/getting serious with her last year. I had stopped inquiring about her when Adam told me it was none of my business. But, I never thought that he was.. a.. virgin. We must have sat there in silence for about 20 minutes before Adam cleared his throat.

"So, yeah," he said.

"Yeah," I said, softly. "I thought you were really seriously with..." I trailed off. I couldn't remember her name. Why couldn't I remember her name? I remembered that she was petite with warm layered brown hair. She was a animal's rights activist. She would have been perfect, except for her overbite. But, she made Adam happy, at least for a little while.

"Amanda?" he asked me. He shook his head. "No, Mandi and I weren't serious."

I was genuinely curious of why it didn't work out between them. I felt like I needed a distraction from what had happened last night. I needed to think about something else- anything other than trying to recall any details with Adam.

"What happened?" I asked him, stomaching the nauseous feeling I still had. I didn't want to throw up all over the living room. I tried to look as natural as possible.

"Nothing much," he said. "She wanted to get serious and be committed after a couple of months, but I didn't feel like we made a good couple. I felt trapped. She just wasn't the girl for me."

"Oh," I said.

"No other girl can compare to you," he said, softly. He took my hand in his and looked into my eyes. "Court, I've been in love with you since I first laid eyes on you. I've been your friend all of these years. I've been here through good times and bad times. I just wish you'd give me a chance. You deserve better than Logan. You deserve better than Taylor. Please, just give me a chance and I promise I would never hurt you. Court, I love you."

4 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! that is sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥!!! GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

mum said...

Oh, gosh. But why isn't she calling him out? He knew about Haylie and Logan. That's why they were at dinner. The drug use was a cover, right? mum

K said...

i'm still not sure of adam....seems like he's always a little to involved in all of her "problems"...can't wait to see how this pans out though

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

even though i think he's wonderful, right now i do kinda, sadly, agree with mum.... :(