BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Leave, Get Out

Adam gave me a ride home. He didn't want my parents to get worried about me. I gave him a hug and waved bye to him as he drove off. I used my key and opened the door. I took a peek inside. The house seemed quiet, I don't think my parents were awake yet. I tiptoed inside and tried to make as little sound as possible, making my way up to my room. They were probably mad at me because I didn't call them and tell them I was staying out (although, I don't know how I could have given them notice, I don't want to have explain what had happened between Adam and I to my parents).

"Where were you?" I jumped 3 feet in the air. I turned around.

"Britt, don't do that!" I told her. I clutched my heart as I tried to return to my normal heart rate. I can see the headline on the front page: "17-year-old California Girl Dies From Heart Attack".

"Sorry, but you really had me worried!" she said. "Let's go into your room and talk." I nodded and followed her into my room. I closed the door shut on my way in.

"What happened last night?" she asked me, curiously. I tell my sister everything, I couldn't keep this from her- it was too big. It took me 20 minutes to explain to her what had happened between Logan and Haylie, everything between Adam and I, and the whole situation of Adam lying to me about Haylie doing drugs and me confronting her about it. "Did you ever confront him about lying to you?"

"No! I'm such a coward!" I exclaimed to her. "I can't go and confront Adam."

"You confronted Haylie about her doing drugs," she said. She used finger quotes when she said "doing drugs".

"Yeah, but I was furious with her," I said.

"I think you should be furious with Adam for lying to you because-" The doorbell rang, interrupting her. She sighed. "I'll get it. Mom and Dad left early to go to the office and do paperwork." She went downstairs to answer the door.

I decided to change out of the clothes I slept in last night and take a nice, long shower- erasing all traces of what I did last night. I didn't need my parents freaking out even more- to have them come home and see their daughter looking like a mess. I stepped out of the shower and dried my hair before changing into my sweats and a T-shirt. I heard someone come into my room.

"Court, you should come downstairs," Britt said. "Logan's here."

"Was he the one at the door?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I'll be in my room if you need me," she told me. I smiled. I took a deep breath and walked downstairs. Logan greeted me with a smile, as if nothing was wrong.

"Babe, you take really long showers," he told me, chuckling. He tried to give me a kiss, but I turned my head away. I didn't want his lips anywhere near mine. How dare he try to pretend that he's not seeing Haylie behind my back.

"What brings you over, Logan?" I asked him. It came out sounding a little cold.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to go to the harbor and watch the boats," he said. He looked at me. "Do you?"

"No," I said, angrily.

"O-k," Logan said, confused. He was completely clueless that I knew about him and Haylie. "Well, do you want to go see a movie then?"

"No, Logan," I told him. I can't believe I called him my boyfriend. "I don't want to go anywhere with you. I'm breaking up with you, you cheating bastard!" His smile froze in place.

"Wha-What are you talking about, babe?" he asked me, stuttering.

"Don't you 'babe' me," I exclaimed. "I know you've been sleeping with Haylie behind my back. I saw you two together. You're an sorry excuse for a person."

"Guess you know how Farrah feels now," he told me, laughing. "Taste of your own medicine, you whore."

I couldn't believe what he had said to me. I was so angry that I was ready to punch his face in.

"Get the hell out of my house!" I spat in his face. I opened the front door. "I said, get out!"

He smugly walked out and I slammed the door right behind him.

19 comments:

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

son of a @#$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =@

Wet ~n~ Wanting...you said...

son of a @#$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =@

mum said...

OK, I answered my own question. WOW, again! Was it a set-up from the beginning or did she confide in Logan and now he's using it against her. I wish she HAD punched him in the mouth. mum

Anonymous said...

OMG, I hate Logan, he just doesn't seem like a nice person at all, like how he keeps bringing up Farrah etc.
Following on from the comments yesterday:
Hallucinations are when your brain is half-way between being asleep and being awake. There's been evidence to show that sometimes, parts of the brain remain awake, while others fall asleep, which results in stuff like sleep walking. I think that hallucinating is similar, only with different parts of the brain to sleep walking. I think people see things they wouldn't usually see (e.g. spirits) because the parts of their brains that rationalise etc, or tell us what we're seeing, are asleep, and another part of the brain, which processes images differently, is 'in charge'. Because you usually are getting a certain type of sleep when you hallucinate, hallucinations are often associated with sleeping disorders. As for a trigger; drugs, exhaustion/lack of sleep (especially if maintained for a long time) extreme hunger and thirst, anesthetics and illness, can all cause hallucinations.

Stephanie said...

She should have punched Logan's lights out! What a pig. And yeah Adam does have to explain himself. I mean I can see why he lied since he didn't want to hurt Courtney but it is still a bit shady.

Alicia said...

i always knew there was something fishy about logan..gosh he's more of a d-bag than some of the other blog's characters...wow i would have kicked his puny butt.

as for adam, he should've told courtney from the beginning. that's what a good friend does.

Jayjay0jt said...

WHOOOOOA! I woke up to all these comments. This is such a great way to start off the afternoon. :)

Nana- totally agree! Logan is a SOB

Mum- Yes, Farrah was Taylor's girlfriend when Court was with him and remember the day that Taylor came over to Court's house and he's like "No, man, she's MY girlfriend?" to Logan? Court told Logan everything that happened between her and Taylor because she wanted him to understand the situation. I don't think she'd actually punch him in the mouth (she's a coward). =]

Sophie- That makes complete sense that hallucinations are similar to sleepwalking. I wonder if there has been a study done to examine this. (If not, I should do one in the future). I wonder if people DO hallucinate and think that it's all a dream or if they're crazy. I have some of those triggers, I should try to maintain a healthier lifestyle, instead of staying up so late and eating so poorly. Has your doctor said what age would be appropriate to take the medication, like what age would be "not young"?

Stephanie- I don't think Court could punch Logan's lights out. Again, she's a coward and she's small compared to him. Logan would win in a landslide.

Alicia- I'm sure Adam has a perfectly good reason as to why he didn't tell Court the truth to begin with.

I'd like to make note that we like to punch jerks in the mouth when they're a d-bag. It made me smile to read all the "she should have punched him!" comments. =]

Anonymous said...

My doctor said that my brain should still be changing till sometime in my early 20s and I shouldn't have medication till then at the earliest. Which is really crap.
Because most hallucinations take place while falling asleep, they often turn into dreams at the end. I would suspect there's been studies like that or at least one's similar to it, but research is really inconclusive, and not really all that much seems to have been done.

Jayjay0jt said...

That is a bunch of crap. That's so many years of you enduring the hallucinations and the sleeping problems (added onto the years you have been enduring it). That's nuts!

It'd be nice if there was more research so the symptoms would be HIGHLY recognized and doctors wouldn't think you were making it up.

Anonymous said...

I know, it just doesn't really seem like they're doing everything they can, you know?
I live in England and our healthcare system is awful, so I'm thinking of going to France in the summer and seeing if they can do anything. They also have public healthcare there, only their system is the best in Europe, plus I speak French fluently so it seems like a good idea.

Jayjay0jt said...

Forgive me as I gush for a second.

OMG, you live in England??? I've always wanted to go there and explore everything there is to offer! I haven't had the oppurtunity to go anywhere in Europe (I wanted to go to Oxford when I was a kid) . That is amazing!

I'm done gushing now. :)

I didn't know that France had public healthcare. I think that would be a great idea to go over and see what they have to offer (or say). Maybe they have a different opinion or will give you an alternate drug that has the same affect. (So cool that you speak French fluently!) I'm gushing again, I should stop. =]

DDgirl said...

I loved this post!!

And I totally think Logan may be sent from Farrah from the beginning, so he's just using Haylie and she was dumb enough to sleep with him so now she'll lose both her best friend AND Logan....

Jayjay0jt said...

DDgirl- I'm glad you loved this post. *big smile* Haylie and Logan.. I really don't know what to say, except that it happened and Court has to move on. It's more of a "tsk tsk tsk" moment, putting a guy over your friendship with someone from preschool (I keep wanting to say kindergarten, I did say kindergarten in the last post, but I corrected myself).

Farrah's in college now like Taylor though. That's a good theory you have there :)

Anonymous said...

Lol, Yes I live in England, here it's 4:21 pm and I just got back from school. My dad's British and comes from Wales, and my mum's French. I have dual nationality, French and British. Next year at uni, I'll be studying French and Italian. I've been to Italy a couple of times, but in my 3rd year in Uni I'll be spending 9 months there. I actually can't wait!

Jayjay0jt said...

That is so cool! I'm really excited for you! Italy sounds like an awesome place to go! :)

I can't believe that you have so many language options to learn in school. I think commonly, we only have Spanish and French. I wouldn't be able to speak another language if it weren't for my parents.

You're so lucky!!!! =]

Anonymous said...

At my school we had to pick 2 out of french, german, spanish and latin and study them for at least 3 years. Those are the most common languages to study in school here, although in some schools you can take japanese or chinese etc. Then at Uni you can study whatever you want, and there is basically any language available, but it might not be at the university that you want. I think the system here is a bit different to yours :)
In America do most people leave home to go to a college / University or do they stay living with their parents?

Jayjay0jt said...

That's so cool that you get to study 2 languages! I tried to learn Spanish in school, but it didn't work out too well and I can only speak simple phrases or nothing at all.

College.. It goes both ways actually. A lot of people leave home to go to college/University because they want to live oncampus and have the "college/University experience". Some people choose to go to one that is close by because of the expenses and live with their parents ( or get their own place). Some go to trade school and learn about culinary or mechanics. I think it depends on the individual.

For me, I'm going to a community college that's 10 minutes away from my house and after I get all my general courses done, I'm transferring in a year into a University that is also around 10 minutes away.

When I visited my friend in San Diego (she goes to University of California San Diego), I didn't like her living arrangement. There's so much drama between those 5 girls, even to this day. I really can't be put in a situation where I have so much drama between peers at the place where I live. It's not something I want to come home to. I don't know if that makes any sense.

What about you? Do most people in England usually go live at the University/college or do they stay home with their parents?

Anonymous said...

Most people here move away, unless they live in London. Here, the universities choose which subjects they teach and then they get ranked, both overall and in each subject. If the uni is good at it's course, it can ask for higher grades e.g. oxford is usually one of the top few for most subjects, so it asks for AAA at A level (the exams you take at the end of school) , but a university that's not so good might ask for BCC or CCC. so you usually end up having to moving away to go to somewhere that does your course, has achievable grades, and has accepted you.
I'm confused, you're 18, so what level of education are you at? I think college in England is what you would call a trade school. What age do you go to college?

Jayjay0jt said...

I graduated high school last June and I'm currently a first year at college majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology.

We have upper division and lower division courses for the major (or subject) you are studying. At community college (which costs so much less than a 4 year college), you take the lower division courses and then transfer to the 4 year college and continue on with the upper division courses, which is what I'm currently doing.

By trade school, I meant vocational school or like a career school. You just learn the trade that you want to do and I believe that you don't have to take college level courses (I'm not quite sure, I've never met anyone that went to trade school, I just knew that it's an option. Is that what you have in England?

We just have universiies that teach a various of majors/subjects and some are famous for their programs. So, if one of the colleges has a good program, people would strive to attend that one.

I'm totally confused with your AAA or BCC or CCC. That's the score of the test you take to determine admissions to college, kinda like the SAT we have here, I think? I'm actually really surprised at how different the college system is. It's pretty cool!