BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

This Time

After the whole kitchen incident, the dinner went by relatively smoothly. I devoured almost all of the deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail. Mrs. Smith made the best deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail. It was really an enjoyable dinner.

We retreated to the living room to watch a movie to kill time before the countdown. I caught Adam's eye and pointed upstairs to his room. He nodded and slipped away quietly. I did the same a couple of minutes later. I snuck up the stairs and went into his room.

"What's up?" he asked me.

"Your mom thinks we're dating," I told him, bluntly.

I didn't want to sugarcoat this situation. I was quite frankly tired of all of the drama. I feel like it's slowly killing me on the inside. It was depressing to think about, yet deal with my drama and everyone else's drama.

"Oh, that," he said, shrugging.

I started to get angry. How could he just shake it off as if it was nothing? How long has she been thinking that we've been dating? Why does she think this?

Honestly, I've never had feelings for Adam. Never in all the years that I've known him. He's a nice guy, but I really don't see myself with him. I know everything about him- all of his deepest darkest secrets and his fears. I really find it ridiculous that people can't comprehend that guys and girls can be just friends.

"Oh, that?" I asked, angrily. "Yes, that!"

He sighed. He knew that I was going to explode on him. He knows me just as well as I know him.

"My mom is crazy," he said. "You know that."

"Yeah, but-" I started to say.

"No buts," he said. "She's been assuming that we've been dating since we were freshmen."

"And you did nothing to convince her otherwise?" I asked him, shocked.

"Believe me, I've tried," he said, smirking. "Who wants to date you?" I playfully pushed him.

"Shut up," I said, smiling. "You'd love to date me." He made a face at me.

"Right," he said, laughing.

1 comments:

mum said...

I'm telling you, that Adam is one shady character. His mother is under the impression they are dating and he is always is the know when something is going wrong. This is going to be interesting. mum