BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beautiful Disaster

Oh my god. I couldn't believe it. Logan cheated on me with Haylie. How did that happen? I didn't know how long I had been wandering aimlessly. I did the only thing I could think of, I called Adam. He answered on the first ring.

"I need you," I told him.

"Hold on, I'll be right there." he said. "Where are you?"

I wasn't sure where I was. I was pretty sure that I was in one of the backroads. It was really dark, so I continued walking until I saw a street sign. I relayed the information back to Adam.

"I'll be there in a little bit," he said, softly.

Ever since we were little, Adam has been there for me. I remember back in 2nd grade when Jimmy Damon had hit me in the face with the kickball. I was really upset because I knew that he had done it on purpose. He was irritated at me because I wouldn't give him my cookie. He had been picking on me for the past week and I couldn't put up with it anymore. I was completely bawling. Adam was there to comfort me.

Adam had gotten into a fight with Jimmy on the playground. Imagine two little scrawny kids going at each other. There was a lot of tackling and yanking with a lot of shouting. Adam got elbowed in the nose and ended up with a bloody nose. The teachers broke up the fight and Adam was suspended for 5 days. Although he had never said it out loud, I knew he had gotten into that fight for me. I had really appriciated him for it.

I heard tires screeching. I looked up and recognized Adam's car. The car screeched to a stop and drivers' door flung opened. Adam came rushing over to me.

"You must me freezing, Courtney!" he exclaimed. He ripped off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

He had gotten here in less than 5 minutes. He must have broken a few laws to get here that fast. He lived about 15 minutes away.

"I don't want to be here right now." I said, shakily.

"Ok, we can drive around," he said. He opened the passenger door for me. I climbed in and put the seatbeat on.

I sat in his car as he circled the neighborhood next to where he lived. He didn't say a word to me. He didn't ask questions, he didn't talk, he didn't turn the radio on. He knew that I needed the silence. That's the thing about Adam, he always knew what I needed.

"It's getting cold," he said. It was getting a bit chilly in the car. I hadn't noticed it until now. "Let's go in the house." I nodded.

We went into his house. I sat down on his couch and took off my jacket. I set it down next to me.

"Where are your parents?" I asked him. "At work?"

"Yeah," he yelled from the kitchen. I heard him make his way back into the living room. I looked up and saw him carrying a bottle of liquor and two shot glasses.

"I thought you might need a drink, I know I do." he said. He took a seat next to me.

I debated with myself as to whether or not to take a drink. I have never had any alcohol before, now was a good as time as any. Maybe it will help me get over the betrayal I felt. Besides, I was drinking with Adam. I'd trust him with my life.

"Sure," I told him. "Pour me one."

I downed the shot. I loved the warmness that the liquor brought. I loved the feeling as it went down my throat and into my body. One shot turned into two. Two turned into three. I lost count of how many shots I have had.

"I don't know what to do," I told him. He was silent. I don't know if he understood a single word I was saying, I was slurring my words alittle.

"If he doesn't appriciate you for who you are, then he is an idiot," he said. "You are the most amazing person in the world, any guy would be lucky to have you."

Before I knew it, Adam and I were all over each other. He looked so warm and comforting. He looked so inviting. I don't remember who kissed who, but his kisses were heavenly. Pretty soon he was lifting me upstairs into his room.

I knew where this was leading to, but I couldn't stop. Everything felt so good, so right.

1 comments:

mum said...

OMGoodness. Adam is finally getting what he always wanted - Court for himself. What a mess. mum