BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Day to Remember

I walked into the small cafe on the corner of 10th Street. The smell of roast coffee was a breath of fresh air. I loved the smell of coffee on a Sunday morning, especially in this cafe.

I ordered my usual small black coffee and sat in my usual seat on the two seater sofa. The seat was perfect because I could watch the cute barista fill his orders. It's not like he would give me the time of day. Me? Courtney Cryme? Please. My twin, maybe. Brittany was the one who was into all the makeup wearing, short skirts, sexy tops, fabulous hair type of thing. I'm just a bookworm who happens to be great at being invisible.

I took my laptop out of my bookbag and started to organize my photos from summer. Brittany and I had stayed home alone while my parents went on their fourth honeymoon. Was it their fourth honeymoon or fifth? I can't remember. While our parents were in Paris, Brittany and I spent our days on the beach. My summer consisted of tanning and watching Brittany get hit on by hot guys. There was this one guy who liked me, but I don't want to talk about him.

"Nice pics," a voice said. I looked up and saw the cute barista staring at the pictures. "Is that our beach?"

I tried not to get too excited. THE CUTE BARISTA WAS TALKING TO ME!!!

"Yea, my sister and I spent our summer there," I managed to say.

"That's sick!" the cute barista said. He sat down next to me. "Do I know you? You seem kinda familar."

Yeah, I'm the girl who is semi-stalking you because you are one cute barista.

"I don't think so," I said. "I'm Courtney." I smiled a little.

"Cool, I'm Logan," he said. Now I know the cute barista's name. He noticed the sweatshirt I was wearing. "You go to Beachside High? I do too. What class?"

"Senior class," I said. "You?"

"Seniors!!" he shouted. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Logan! Stop flirting with the customers and get back to work!" the lady behind the regrister yelled. "I don't pay you to flirt, I pay you to work."

"I guess I have to go," Logan said to me, a little embarrassed. "Sorry."

"It's ok, go back to work and make some moolah," I said. Crap. I just said moolah in front of Logan. He laughed.

"Moolah, you're cute," he said. The lady glared at him. "I really have to go, I'm sorry."

Was it just me or did it seem like he was a little disappointed that he had to leave? What an interesting way to end summer.

0 comments: