BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Shirt

Well, I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I knew, it was morning. Adam had his arm around me and we were sleeping really close together. It was kinda awkward.. To make things worse, he had a boner. I knew it was due to the fact that it's 7 in the morning and not because he's attracted to me.

I took his arm off of me and gently slipped out of his bed. I turned off the TV and grabbed my phone. There were no new messages. Brittany must have assumed that I slept over here. It wasn't unusual for me to fall asleep at my friends' houses after a night of studying. Our parents know each other well enough to allow such a thing.

"Hey," I said, shaking Adam. "Wake up. It's 7. Wake up or we're not going to make it to school."

"I'll be up in a little," he mumbled. "You can use my shower. I'll let you borrow one of my shirts."

"Ok," I said.

I think he was a little embarrassed about his boner and didn't want me to know about it. I really felt sorry for guys. I mean, sure, women have to have periods every month and they have to bear children and give birth, but guys have to conceal their boners.. That's super embarrassing! I couldn't imagine having to go through that as a pre-teen or now.

I took a quick shower and realized that I didn't take a shirt with me before I went in the bathroom. I wrapped the towel around myself and went into his room.

"Don't look!" I said. "I didn't grab a shirt before I went in." I didn't want him to see me in nothing but a towel. We're close, but not that close.

I tried to grab the shirt as quick as I could and jumped back into the bathroom. I changed and went to brush my teeth. I had my own toothbrush here. I felt so special! I went back into his room.

"All yours," I said. He got out of bed.

"Took you long enough," he joked.

"Haha, hurry up," I told him. It bugged me that my hair was wet, but Adam didn't own a hair dryer. He didn't believe in them. He's so weird. He came out of the shower in less than ten minutes.


We barely made it to school on time. It seemed like all of the traffic lights were red just to spite us. Well, I made it to my seat just before the bell rang. The teacher was MIA.

"Hey," I said to Logan. I put my stuff down. He looked at me. "What is it?"

"Isn't that shirt a little big for you?" he asked.

"Oh, I was studying at Adam's house last night and I fell asleep," I said. "I had to borrow one of his shirts." He looked skeptical.

"Uh huh," he said, in disbelief. "Let me guess, his shirt was off and his pants were down. What? Let me guess. He made you dinner and then he got in your pants." I rolled my eyes.

"What is your problem?" I said, angrily. "Who do you think you are? You don't even know me. You've known me for two seconds. What I do and what I don't do is none of your concern. Controlling much? You don't own me. I can do whatever I want."

Logan didn't say anything. He looked away sheepishly and stayed quiet for the rest of the class period, which was fine by me.

I couldn't get to my statistics class fast enough.

"Hey, Court," Haylie greeted me. She noticed my shirt. "Another study night at Adam's?" I nodded. Someone who understands! She only understands because she's been to one of our study sessions and she also fell asleep. Adam will offer anyone the shirt off of his back. In this case, the shirt from his dresser.

"Logan was being an asshole and accusing me of sleeping with Adam," I said.

"Not the cute barista!" She exclaimed. "Wait, you do know that Adam is secretly in love with you, right?" I laughed hysterically.

"Thanks, Hales, for the laugh," I said. "Cheered me up."

"No, really," she said, seriously. "Look at all of the things that he does for you."

"Hun, they're the same things I do for you!" I exclaimed. "We're good friends, you know that! You're being ridiculous!"

"If you say so," she said, shrugging.

Haylie has an overactive imagination. You can't really blame her, she's more on the creative side. At least she puts that talent to good use and writes short stories.

"How's your arm, sweetie?" I asked her. I felt bad that I didn't ask her before I went into my "Logan is an asshole" thing.

"It's fine," she said, annoyed. "I wish people would stop asking. It's a broken arm. It'll heal." I laughed.

"We're just worried about you," I said. I remembered Taylor's text. "Taylor texted me last night." Haylie looked both shocked and scared. Pretty much the same face I had last night.

"No," she said. "You're joking." I shook my head.

"He said, hey stranger," I said.

"What did you do?" she asked. "Did you text him back?"

"No," I said. "Why would I?"

"I'm glad you didn't," she said. "I wouldn't be able to stand it if he hurt you again."

Deja Vu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a posting schedule?

Jayjay0jt said...

I didn't even realized that I posted this.. LOL. Must have accidentally clicked it.

I'm trying to post as frequently as possible, but this is a HECTIC week. Midterms (everyone's best friend!)!!!

I'm trying to do Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and once on the weekends (because I check on the weekends alot when I get bored.

Jayjay0jt said...

Just realized that my time stamps were wrong :(