BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Forgive and Forget

(side note)

So, Adam, Haylie, and I went to go see a movie last night. It was a bizarre movie. (I'm not sure that I can say the name of the movie in my blog, but what the hey! Free advertisement for the movie if anyone reads this! :D ) The movie was Paranormal Activity. Anyways, I highly recommend seeing it. It makes you think whether or not there are spirits that roam around on earth after a person dies. Some pretty freaky stuff happens in that movie. Of course, this was just me advertising for the movie and has absolutely nothing to do with the post today. :)

(end of side note)

This morning in physiology, Logan apologized to me.

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions," he said. "I know that there's nothing going on between you and Adam. I'm just weird and overprotective of my friends."

"Yeah," I said. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." He smiled. He's cute when he smiles.

"So, I was hoping to make it up to you," he said. "How about you let me buy you a cup of coffee and we can hang out after school. Maybe do some of this physiology work?"

I took a second to recall what were my plans for today. Laundry. Study. Get a dress for the Back-to-School dance that was tomorrow. I don't have a date, but I don't mind going solo. Well, Haylie and I are going together as single chicks.

"Only for a little bit?" I asked. "I have to study and get a dress for tomorrow."

"Oh, you're going tomorrow?" he asked, curiously. I nodded and started writing on the worksheet we were given. "Who are you going with?"

"Haylie," I said. "We both don't have dates. So, we're going solo."

"Ah, I see," he said. "So, do you want to meet me in the parking lot after school?"

"Yeah," I said. The bell rang. "See you later." I walked out of class.

You'd think that I'd be excited about my "study date" with Logan, but I think I'm still annoyed at him because of yesterday. I know that he apologized, but it really irked me when he accused me of sleeping with Adam. It's starting to look like Logan is another Steve or Taylor and I don't want someone like Steve or Taylor to be my boyfriend. Maybe I'm casting my judgement too early.

*******************************************

I met up with Logan after school and he bought me that cup of coffee. It was cute when he refused to let me pay for his coffee. He kept complimenting me on everything and telling me sweet little things. I got a little red when our hands bumped when we were reaching for the packets of sugar. My feelings for him started to come back. It seemed like every little thing he did was adorable. He is breaking down the shield I had put up.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked me. I closed my physiology book.

"Sure," I said, looking at him. "What is it?"

"I was going to ask you to the dance, but I went psycho on you yesterday and then I decided not to," he admitted. "I had the whole thing planned out. I had bought roses and I had planned on leaving them on your desk and I had this bear that was dressed up in a tux that I was going to give to you. I know, lame." I looked at him in disbelief and awe.

"That is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever thought about doing for me," I said, blushing. "You're so sweet."

"Would you have said yes?" he asked me. He stared at me with his puppy dog eyes.

"Of course," I said, smiling.

"Hang on, I'll be right back," he said, grinning. He came back with the roses and the teddy bear. My jaw dropped.

"Wow." I said, in shock. He smiled.

"So, Courtney, will you go to the dance with me?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, softly. He hugged me.

I'm going to the dance with Logan.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun at the dance!