BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Dance

I don't want to bore you with all of the preparations for the dance. I had gotten ready at Haylie's house. I had my brown hair beautifully curled and stuck a blue clip in my hair to match my black and blue laced dress. My make up was kept natural. Haylie had to approve before I could leave her room.

Haylie had also kept it simple with a little black dress and pink earrings. She looked amazing even though her arm was still in a cast. Haylie was going to the dance with Adam. Henry couldn't get the night off of work to take her.

I was excited when the doorbell rang. Haylie went downstairs to answer the door.

"Courtney! Logan's here!" she said, popping her head into her room. I took a deep breath and slowly made my way downstairs. It was like one of those cheesy teen movies where the guy was waiting downstairs and he's all dressed up. He looks up and sees the girl and he smiles. Her heart melts and they fall completely in love. I couldn't help but smile. Logan looked amazing in his black dress shirt and blue tie.

"Hey," he said to me.

"Hi," I said.

"You look beautiful," he said, grinning. "Shall we go?" He took my hand.

"Do you want me to wait for Adam to get here, Haylie?" I asked her.

"I'm fine! Go!" she said, shooing us out of her house. Logan and I laughed.

We got into his car and went off to where the dance was held. He was nice enough to walk over to the passenger side and open the door for me. When we walked inside, there were already a sea of people there, dancing. We bypassed the dancers and took a seat in the back.

"Do you want anything to drink?" He yelled over the music. I nodded. He went off to fetch the drinks.

"HEY, COURTNEY!" I heard someone shout. I looked up and saw Sarah with Justin.

"Hey guys!" I shouted, waving at them. Logan came back with the drinks.

Logan wanted to dance. I didn't want to go. I am the world's worst dancer. I cannot coordinate myself to dance. It's just impossible. After five minutes of pleading, I gave in.

He lead me to the dance floor and we started to dance. Just my luck, the song changed to a slow song. I blushed and started to walk off the dance floor. Logan pulled me into his arms.

"Where are you going?" He asked, smiling. "Dance with me." I smiled and put my arms around his neck.

It was perfect. It felt like the song lasted forever. We were staring into each others' eyes and smiling like idiots. Logan was getting closer and closer to the point where our noses touched. I saw him getting ready to kiss me.

"You're beautiful," he said and went in for the kiss.

"Courtney!" a voice yelled. I jerked my head to the direction where the voice came from and smacked Logan in the face with my hair. I looked at Logan in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry, Logan!" I cried, embarrassed.

"It's ok," he said, laughing.

"Courtney!" someone yelled again. I turned my head back to the same direction and saw Adam walking up to me.

"What?" I asked him, with a twinge of annoyance. Adam ruined the perfect kiss.

"Sarah's in the restroom crying," he told me. The annoyance went away and was replaced by worry.

"What's wrong? Why is she crying?" I asked. "Is she ok? Is she hurt?"

"I don't know!" Adam cried. I turned to Logan.

"I'm sorry," I said, wincing.

"Go check on Sarah," he said. I kissed him on the cheek and went to the girls' bathroom. I found Haylie kneeling down next to a sobbing Sarah.

"Honey, what's wrong?" I asked her. "Why are you crying?" Sarah took a deep breath.

"I think I'm pregnant," she blubbered. Haylie and I looked at each other in shock.

2 comments:

Nic said...

I just found your blog and must say that I really like it.

Really like the length of the posts as well.

Can't wait to hear what's going to happen next.

Jayjay0jt said...

Thanks :)