BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shocker

I really don't know what to say. I just came home from the hospital and my best friend, Haylie, is still there.

This is what happened:

Haylie had a get together at her house to celebrate the last day of summer. It was a very small party that consisted of our closest friends. Our closest friends consist of Justin, Adam, Sarah, Henry, and Haylie's boyfriend Steve. There wasn't any booze there, just FYI. Haylie and I just don't roll that way.

Justin, Adam, Sarah, Henry and I were watching TV and we heard arguing outside. It was Haylie and her boyfriend. She was trying to break up with him and he wasn't taking it well.

"You're a little slut. You're fucken sleeping with Justin, aren't you?" Steve yelled.

"Steve, there's no one else. It's just you. You're an asshole. You don't treat me right. You're out sleeping with other girls behind my back. I'm done with you!" Haylie spat out. "Get out! Get out of my yard, get out of life!" He slapped her. We all rushed outside.

"Hales, are you ok?" I asked her. She was crying. She shook her head. I looked up. The guys had Steve wrestled to the ground.

"Haylie, what do you want us to do with this jackass?" Henry asked.

"Make him go away. He's been drinking." she said, sniffling. "I don't ever want to see him ever again."

"It's ok, sweetie," Sarah said. "We'll make sure that he never comes near you." The guys made sure that Steve left and we calmed Haylie down.

"How about you stay at my place, hun?" I asked. "I don't want him coming back tonight while you're here alone."

"Ok, Court," she said, softly.

"I'll drive you," Henry volunteered.

God. I swear, Henry is a little too desperate. He's had a crush on Haylie since kindergarten. He does all these things for her and Haylie is dense. She has no idea that he's secretly in love with her. Even when Henry bought her roses for Valentine's day because Steve forgot to get her anything, she didn't think anything of it. "He's just being nice, Court." I rolled my eyes at her.

So, Haylie and I were in Henry's car waiting for him to get his stuff out of the house. We had the keys in the ignition and the radio blasting. All of a sudden the door opened and the car peeled out of the driveway. I fell to the floor.

"OMG! Steve!" Haylie shouted. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You're going back to my place." Steve said, angrily. "You're going to fucken have sex with me, dammit. I am fucken Steve Richie. I can get any girl I want. You're not going to be the girl I failed to fuck."

"No, I'm not!" she shouted. She tried the door. "I will never have sex with you!"

"Don't even bother. Childlocks." He spat out.

"Let us out!" I shouted.

"What the fuck?" Steve said. "You're here too?" I couldn't get up. He kept making sharp turns and he was jerking back and forth.

"Steve! STEVE!" Haylie shouted. All I heard was a crash. I remembered hitting my head. The car had stopped. I pulled myself up. I saw that Haylie was unconscious. Her head was bleeding. Steve was barely moving. I picked up my cell phone and called 911.

"911, what is your emergency?" the dispatcher asked.

"I was in a car accident. The driver and the passenger are unconscious." I said.

"Ma'am, do you know where you are?" she asked. I looked out the window and saw part of a street name. Mason and something.. Wait..

"Mason and Snell." I said. "We're on Mason and Snell."

"The ambulance is on its way." she said. I spent the next could minutes talking to the dispatcher and telling her how the accident happened.


The ambulance came and took us to the hospital. Steve was fine. He just passed out because of the alcohol. He was taken into custody and was being charged. All I know is that he's going to sit in jail and his court date is in two weeks. I'm pretty sure that he has to pay damages because it was Henry's car.

The doctors checked me out. All I had were some bruises. I'm lucky. Haylie, on the other hand, had a broken arm but no concussion. I think they're going to keep her there overnight to make sure that she's ok. I checked in on her, but she was sleeping.

"She'll be ok, Courtney," her mom said.

"I know, Mrs. Conner." I said. "Do you want me to stay here overnight?"

"No, you should go home and rest," she said. "You have school tomorrow."

"Keep me updated?" I asked.

"Of course," she said.

Now I'm back at home. I'm really sore and I can't stop worrying about Haylie. Hopefully, they'll give me an update before school tomorrow.

0 comments: