BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Day of Senior Year

When I woke up today, the first thought that popped into my head was "Oh, boy."

It was the first day of school. Usually, I'm excited, but with Haylie in the hospital, I'm really not in the mood for school. I just want to go over to the hospital and stay by her side. I dragged myself out of bed and tried stay positive. I'm going to need some positiveness if I'm going to send Haylie some positive energy. Her parents didn't give me an update yet, probably because they were up all night worrying.

I was planning on walking to school, but when I got outside, Adam was waiting for me in his car. I couldn't say I was surprised. Adam and I were really close. I've known him as long as I've known Haylie. Adam was amazing. He's cute, sweet, and funny. If you need a favor, he is there in a heartbeat. Don't let his blond hair and blue eyes fool you, he's as smart as Albert Einstein.

"Hey, Mr. Smith, are you here to give me a ride?" I asked, smiling.

"Hop in, Mrs. Smith," he laughed. Everyone in our own little group referred to us as Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I don't remember when we were dubbed that, but it was pretty funny. Adam did look a little like Brad and I did look a little like Angie minus the gorgeous face. "Do you want to stop for breakfast?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed. He knows just how to distract me and cheer me up. He brought us to a drive-thru and ordered my favorite breakfast burrito with some orange juice. I fished out my wallet but he wouldn't hear of it. He's such a gentleman. He doesn't believe that the girl should pay for anything. I took a sip of my juice.

"Do you want to go see Hales after school?" He asked. I nodded.

For the rest of the ride to Beachside, we tried to see if we had any classes together. We only had psychology together and that was near the middle of the day. We finally got on campus. The thing about our campus is that it overlooks the beach and the ocean. It's amazing to see the gorgeous blue sky and the white sand everyday.

Adam came around the side and opened the door for me. He's so nice that way. He walked me to my physiology class while talking about rounding up the group to see Haylie.

I took a seat in the back of the class. I was never one to sit in the front of the class. I figured out that teachers tend to call on those who sit in the front. I don't have a problem sitting near the middle, but I'm closer to the back door where I'm currently sitting. I put my backpack on my desk and started to watch people walk in the door. To my surprise, Logan walked in. He saw me and took a seat next to me.

"Hey, you," I said, smiling. "You remembered me."

"Course," He said, laughing. "Can't forget a pretty face." I laughed nervously. I was not pretty. That boy needs glasses or something. Maybe he hit his head on his locker or something. I was not pretty.

"Sure," I said.

"So, was that your boyfriend I saw you with?" he asked, coolly. I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it. The thought of dating Adam was just so ridiculous.

"Adam?" I said, laughing. "I think you made my day. We're really close friends. I've known him since I was in preschool. It would be insanely weird if we were dating."

"Oh, you guys looked like you guys were dating," he said. "I saw you getting out of his car when I was in the parking lot."

He sounded a little jealous. Maybe it's just me and I'm suffering a bout of hallucination or something. I decided not to push it and not give him the third degree. I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend and I don't want to look like an idiot.

"Yep, just friends," I said. The bell rang signalling that class had started.

After class, Logan insisted on walking me to my statistics class.

"Do you want to get together after school and work on the psych assignment?" he asked.

"No, I can't, I have to go to the hospital," I said.

"Why?" he asked, curiously.

"I'm going to visit my best friend Haylie," I said. "We were in a car accident yesterday and I managed to come out with a couple of bruises, but she has a broken arm and they had to keep her overnight. Oh, wait." I checked my phone and there was a message from Mrs. Conner.

Haylie's doing fine. We're taking her home right now.

"Scratch that, we're going over to her house." I said. "Her parents took last night off and today off so they could be with her." Her parents were workaholics and usually worked at night.

We stood outside of my stats class and I waited for him to say something, but he didn't.

"Um, ok, I'm going to go to class," I said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, bye," he replied. I went to my stats class.

There was nothing interesting that happened at school. I managed to have someone I knew in every single one of my classes so if I get lost, someone can catch me up.

After school, we ended up getting Henry and Sarah to join us. Justin couldn't come because he had to go to work. He worked at this really cool bookstore. It keeps him pretty busy. He barely has enough time for Sarah let alone the rest of us. Sarah and Justin have been together since... Since.. I don't remember. That's how long they've been together. I think it was somewhere in 7th grade when they started seeing each other.

"We're here, guys," Adam announced, parking his car on the street.

We piled out of the car and I let us in with my spare key. Mr. and Mrs. Conner gave me a key to their house when Haylie and I started high school. They actually trusted me with the key more than Hales. She tends to lose things easily.

"Hey, kids," Mr. Conner greeted us. "Hale Bale is upstairs watching TV."

"Thanks, Mr. Conner," Sarah said, politely. We headed upstairs and went in Haylie's room.

"Hey guys," she greeted us, smiling. "How was the first day of senior year?"

"That doesn't matter, " I said.

"What matters is you," Henry jumped in. I tried not to roll my eyes.

"That's really sweet," Haylie said. "But, I'm fine. Just a little bruised, a broken arm, and little head injury. I don't have a concussion. I'm fine, guys. Just gotta learn how to text with one hand." She smiled.

"Have you heard from.." Sarah trailed off.

"Nope," Haylie said. "We're broken up. I mean, Court, you saw how he was in the car last night."

"Yeah, I'm really glad you guys took your time in your relationship," I said. I glanced over at Henry. I could see that he was silently cheering. I could tell that he wanted to be Haylie's first. I honestly don't know if they would ever end up together. They would make a nice couple.

"We should let you get some rest," Adam said. "You must be exausted." She nodded.

"Ok, guys," she said. "I'll see you guys tomorrow at school." We said our goodbyes to her.

Adam drove each of us home.

I sat in my room wondering about Logan. Was he trying to ask me out for today? Was it supposed to be a study date? Maybe that was why he acted kinda funny. I don't know. I really suck with guys.

0 comments: