BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Departure

I started packing for my little getaway with Taylor. I wasn't sure where we were going, but we were going to be gone for a couple of days, he said. I wished he would tell me where we were headed to so I could pack according, he insisted that it has to be a surprise. I sighed, frustrated. I whipped out my phone and texted him: What should I bring?

I immediately got a response and I was disappointed when it read: Clothes, Court. Guys really need to go to a bookstore and pick up a book on how to understand girls. I rolled my eyes. What kind of clothes? Is it going to be warm or cold? Do I need to bring a dress or anything formal? I asked him. It took me a couple of minutes to get his text. It's going to be warm. Bring a nice dress or two. I'm not going to say anything more than that. I sighed at his response.

I picked out a couple of shirts and shorts to wear. I made sure to pack a pair of pants and sneakers in case there was an occasion to wear them. I made a list of all the things I had to bring (and a couple things extras, just in case) and just threw them into the suitcase. Before I knew it, I could barely close my suitcase. I had to ask Brittany to come help me sit on it.

"Are you excited to be going away for a couple of days?" she asked.

She was spending the break in San Diego with her friends. For a second, I felt a pang of jealousy. She gets to go to the beach and party it up while I'm going who-knows-where. I know that I wasn't a partying kind of girl, but I decided to ease my way into it for college. I convinced myself that I had the better deal, I get to spend my break with my boyfriend.

"I'm excited on the inside," I told her. She looked at me funny, as if she knew what I was feeling.

"You know, you don't have to go if you don't want to," she told me. "You can come with me and the girls to San Diego! It'll be fun. There's going to be lots of boys on the beach. You know what that means! Eye candy!" I appriciated the offer and smiled. If I hadn't made plans with Taylor, I would have gladly gone with her.

"I would love to go, Britt, but Taylor's been planning this," I said, somewhat sadly.

"On the bright side, you can use this time to work out whatever is going on between the two of you," she said, cheerfully. She smiled at me. My phone vibrated. I was getting a call from Taylor.

"There's nothing to work out between the two of us," I told her. "Nothing's wrong. I have to get this. I'm sorry, Britt." She shrugged and left, closing the door behind her.

"Hey, Taylor," I said, answering my phone. "What's up?"

"I'm outside and I was wondering if you're ready to leave," he said.

"Yeah," I said. "I'll let you in." I tossed the phone onto the bed and went downstairs to let Taylor in. He took one look at my stuffed suitcase and laughed.

"You know we're going away for 3 days, right?" he asked me, laughing. "Not 3 weeks."

"Haha, very funny," I said, rolling my eyes. "You wish we were going away for 3 weeks." He pulled me into his arms and kissed me.

"I do," he said, grinning. "I'll bring this downstairs for you."

"Ok, honey," I said. "I'm going to tell Brittany I'm leaving."

I grabbed my purse and went over to Brittany's room to hug her goodbye.

"Have fun in San Diego," I told her. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Same goes for you, sis," she said, winking at me. "Have fun with your boyfriend."

I joined Taylor in the car and kissed him.

"All ready to go!" I said, mustering some excitement.

"Spring Break, here we come!" Taylor said, pulling out of my driveway.

2 comments:

mum said...

To pick up and go off for three days with no worries, that would be wonderful!! mum

Stephanie said...

I hear you mum! Wonder where Taylor is taking her.