BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Unsure

"Come on, Court!" Taylor pleaded with me from his car. "It's been over a week. You said we'd talk."

I sighed. It was the third time that he had followed me to school this week. Doesn't he have anything better to do with his time than to stalk me? Ok, stalk isn't the right term- follow! Doesn't he have anything better to do with his time than to follow me? Obviously no, since he's been following me to school three days in a row.

"Taylor, please," I said, exasperated. "I really don't want to talk about this right now."

"No, Courtney!" he said, his voice demanding. He started to get angry. "I've been waiting for you to talk to me and this is getting ridiculous. I just want to talk to you, don't shut me out!"

I looked around. Cars were honking at him. He was blocking the right lane by being parked on the side of the road. People were shouting at him to "Move!" and "Get off the road!". Gosh, people in Beachside are not happy at 7:30 in the morning. They should get a cup of coffee or something. I rolled my eyes at the honking cars.

"Please, Courtney, just get in the car," he pleaded desperately with me. "Please."

I sighed and finally gave in. I was tired of all the angry people yelling at us. I just wanted to get this over with. So, I got in the car with Taylor. He smiled when I got in, looking like he had won a battle.

"I wore you down," he said, smirking.

"Just drive, Taylor," I told him.

He drove us to the parking lot of the school and we sat there awkwardly, both not wanting to be the first person to say anything. Finally, I broke the silence.

"Taylor, I'm going to be honest with you," I said. "I don't know if I can ever trust you. I'll never be sure that you're over Farrah. How do I know that you're not going to run back over to her? Even if you say that you won't, I can't believe you. I mean, you've already done it twice already."

He looked sad. He was silent, as if contemplating on how to reassure me.

"I don't know what to tell you, Court," he said, finally. "No matter what I say, you won't believe a word I'm saying. But, I'll try to get through to you. I can't really promise you anything. I can't promise you that our relationship will be perfect. I can't promise you that our relationship will make it. I can't promise you that you'll fall in love with me. I can't promise you that Farrah and I won't get back together because I do care about her. All I can say is that I need you to trust me. I really do love you, please just let me show it to you."

"I don't know, Taylor," I said, sadly. "I really don't know."

The nagging voice in my head came back. Just go with the flow, Court. The worst that can happen is that the two of you break up again. If you can get through it once, you can get through it again. If it works out, you'll have a great relationship.

I knew that the voice in my head was right. I knew that he had screwed up and I haven't really forgiven him, but I really wanted to work our problems out.

"Ok, Taylor, I'll give it a shot," I told him, a little unsure of my decision. "But, you're on probation."

6 comments:

DDgirl said...

oh so Taylor can still care about Farrah, but Court cannot see Adam?
mmmmmm

mum said...

I'm glad she's giving it a shot. I like how she said he's on probation, though. Interesting, DDgirl. I'm sure Adam is waiting in the wings, and will make an appearance soon. mum

Jayjay0jt said...

DDgirl- Like Mum said, interesting. :) Taylor has his double standard, apparently it's ok in his mind.

Mum- I can hear the suspenseful music playing in the background. :)

Regarding your comment on the last post: I hope she's ok too. I vaguely remember her mentioning that she was pregnant, correct me if I'm wrong?

Stephanie said...

Okay I like that she is at least giving him a chance. Life is too short to not take chances and live with regret.

And yeah Taylor needs a big ol' reality check. And like mum said, Adam will probably make an appearance soon. Taylor better just deal with it.

mum said...

jayjay - I don't remember her being pregnant. I remember they are stationed in Japan and her husband was being deployed. She was having some serious depression issues and not feeling very motivated to write. Then she came back quickly with two really good posts and now this. Definite cause for concern, I think. No way to reach her, though. mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- I agree that life's too short not to take a risk. Fear just hinders a lot of potential.

Mum- My mistake then. I could have sworn that she mentioned something, but it might have been another blog. I agree that the two posts were really good. I really hope everything is ok and that she'd check in through either her blog or the Blog Review Blog.