BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Like It, I Love It

I did a double take, maybe a triple take. At first, I wasn't sure that it was her. After all, she was supposed to be in the Los Angeles area. We were definitely not in the Los Angeles area. After a few minutes of staring, I realized that it was her. I looked away quickly, hoping that she didn't see me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her get up and making her way over to Taylor and I, her face curious. I panicked, not sure why she was here. I turned to Taylor.

"Can we go back to the house?" I asked him quickly, so quickly that I was tripping over my own words. I tried to calm myself down before I started to hyperventilate.

"Why, what's wrong?" he asked me. Before I could answer, Farrah had already reached us.

"Taylor! It is you!" she exclaimed excitedly. "I couldn't tell from all the way over there. I thought I've been out in the sun too long. Courtney! You're here too! "

Taylor looked a little bit shocked. In fact, he was shocked speechless with his mouth hanging open. I looked at him oddly. I know that seeing an ex-boyfriend or an ex-girlfriend is awkward, but this is ridiculous awkward. I decided to break the ice and attempted to make small chat.

"Oh, hey, Farrah!" I said, putting on a smile. I got up and awkwardly hugged her. "It's so great to see you! What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be in Los Angeles, going to school."

"Oh, it's spring break!" she said, giggling. "So, I'm here to check out the cute-shirtless guys." I laughed.

"It's really good to see you, Farrah, and I wish that we could stay here and chat with you," Taylor said. "We have a full day planned, so we should go." He awkwardly hugged her. He started gathering our things and walking to the house. I started to follow him, but Farrah blocked my path.

"Ok, let's cut the crap," she said bluntly, her voice was as cold as ice. "I know that he cheated on me to be with you. I know that he cheated on you and that was the reason why the two of you broke up. I just wanted you to know that he started seeing me after your break up."

"I don't know what this has to do with anything," I said, confused. "I mean, that was a long time ago. He didn't cheat on me when we were together, it's a long story, but he didn't. I don't understand why you're telling me this."

"Well, we just broke up in January of this year," she told me, bitterly. She took off her sunglasses and glared at me. "He told me that it was because of you and your little San Diego trip. How your little kiss brought back old feelings between the two of you. Your little romantic getaway ruined my relationship!"

"I'm sorry, Farrah," I said, sincerely. I really did feel bad. I didn't know that Taylor was in a relationship, yet alone in a relationship with Farrah. "I honestly didn't know he was seeing anyone."

"You're going to pay, Courtney!" she spat out. She laughed, her laugh resembling a cackle. "Both you and Taylor are going to regret screwing me over. You'll see!"

"Ok, Farrah, whatever you say," I said, dismissing her words. I walked towards the house.

"Just so you know, I lost my virginity to him in that house!" she called after me, laughing. I shook my head and just kept walking. Crazy Farrah is a nutcase.

I kept my conversation with Farrah to myself. I enjoyed the picnic on the balcony and the movie marathon that Taylor had planned that night as much as I could. I couldn't help but wonder if he had done the same thing with Farrah also. She had gotten into my head and I was questioning everything in our relationship. I tried to push those thoughts away from my head, but failed.

The next morning, we were up really early in the morning. He took me to the mountains that were surrounding the area and we hiked until we reached the scenic top of the mountain. I sat on a rock, taking in the scenery. The pictures I took were amazing.

"Courtney, there's something I want to tell you," Taylor said, softly.

"Sure, Taylor, what is it?" I asked him. He took my hand in his and looked into my eyes. I couldn't help but have that uh-oh moment.

"I love you," he told me.

Those were the three words I didn't want to hear.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Never expected that one, I forgot all about her. Anyone else think it's odd that she's on spring break and just happens to show up where Taylor and Courtney are? I just got a stalker vibe during their conversation.

And I think Courtney better tell Taylor what Farrah said. I mean he made her choose between him and her best friend so it's only fair that Courtney knows all the facts.

Anonymous said...

I got the stalker vibe too. I think it's extremely weird that she showed up at the same place as Taylor and Courtney, but then again, she said she's been to that house.

I'm not sure, but when you own a timeshare, don't you buy something alone the lines of one week out of the year or something like that? Maybe Farrah knew when Taylor goes there every single year.

She seems nuts. But if Taylor was seeing Farrah til the day he took Courtney to San Diego, then Farrah has a right to be angry. I mean, this guy cheated on her TWICE. Still Team Taylor right now.

Stephanie said...

The fact that she had been there before just adds to the stalker factor. Like she was hanging around to see them together. And then in true catty fashion planted seeds of doubt into Courtney.

She really needs to confront Taylor and find out his side of the story.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if she thought she knew Courtney would be there, she might have thought that Taylor would go there with his family or his friends and try to seduce him or win him back.

I think seeing Courtney there just pushed her over the edge. Maybe her cattiness is somewhat justified. The guy she loves (and has been together with for.. over a year? maybe two? I can't do the math) supposedly broke up with her to get back with Courtney. I can't imagine if my boyfriend of over a year dumped me to get back with his ex, let alone the girl he cheated on me with.