BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Whine and Dine

Henry and I were making an attempt to hang out more and have a stronger friendship before we both went to college. Since I had the day off of work, we decided to check out this mom and pop restaurant, that was more of a grill, which was just out of town. Apparently, they serve the best steak there and is highly recommended by a bunch of reviewers. I was excited to go check it out. I tried inviting Sarah and Justin, but they were busy as usual. I can't really blame them, they are planning their big day.

"This place better be good if I'm going through all this trouble for a steak," Henry joked, breaking through my train of thought. Brittany had taken the car out today, so Henry had to come pick me up and drive to the restaurant. I felt bad that he was going through all this trouble.

"Man, if you're going to whine and complain during the whole ride, I'll drive," I smirked, knowing full well what the answer is. Henry would never allow me anywhere near the drivers seat. His truck was his precious baby. I think he would actually drop dead then allow anyone to touch his truck. I don't understand his obsession with the truck, but more power to him.

"Hell no, Court," he said to me, making a face. "No offense, but you're not the world's best driver."

"That dog ran in front of my car! I had to brake suddenly so I wouldn't hit the poor thing!" I exclaimed. Then I grumbled, "It's not my fault that people let their dogs run around without a leash."

Back when I first had my license, the group and I decided to go celebrate my new found freedom by getting a pizza. There was a guy walking his dog on a semi-busy street, and the dog went crazy running onto the street. Just my luck, he had to go in front of my car. All I have to say is thank goodness no one was behind me when I braked. If that wasn't enough, the owner gave me a really dirty look like I had intentionally tried to kill his dog.

"Ok, Courtney, whatever you say," he said, disbelievingly. He smiled at me. He pulled into a parking lot. "We're here!"

Surprisingly, the restaurant was really close to town. The parking lot was full, it took us about 5 minutes to find a spot. I silently thanked the couple who walked out of the restaurant.

When we went inside, I was in awe of how cozy the place was. The interior was decorated like a sports bar, with pictures of the local sports teams, memorabilia, signs, and a bunch of really cool posters. They had a chalkboard telling us what today's specials were. The greeter was really friendly, informing Henry and I that we have a 10 minute wait ahead of us. There was a wonderful aroma of food in the air and I was ecstatic when the greeter called Henry's name and sat us in our booth.

We both ordered the steak, mine well done and his medium well, and I can say is: WOW. The steak was cooked perfectly and was seasoned with bold spices that complimented each other without overpowering one another. They even made the vegetables taste amazing! My only complaint of the steak was that there wasn't enough. I wanted more when I was done with it.

Henry and I gushed over how amazing the steak was while we split the bill. I turned to leave when Henry stopped me.

"Hey, isn't that Taylor over there?" he asked me, pointing to a table. "What's he doing here?"

I looked over to where he was pointing. Indeed, it was Taylor and he wasn't alone. It was a female companion. Her back was towards me so I couldn't see her face.

"I don't know," I admitted. "Let's go." We walked towards the exit and I managed to get a clear look at who Taylor was with..

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well well well i wonder who it could be. Whoever it is I hope Courtney doesn't just leave I hope she confronts him, if could be innocent but I doubt it. I just don't trust him anymore.

Jayjay0jt said...

Taylor lost a lot of credibility. I'm not sure if Courtney will confront him or not because Henry is there.

Taylor did drive all the way out of town to go to this restaurant, like he didn't want to be seen. It looks weird to me.