BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Public Affair

The car ride home was torture. It was filled with silence, with some attempts on Taylor's part to make conversation. I was uncooperative and closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. I knew if I talked to him, I would start crying. The silence made the ride feel even longer. In reality, what was really hours felt like an eternity. I just wanted to get out of the car and as far away from Taylor as I possibly could.

Taylor shook me, trying to "wake" me up. I let him shake me a couple of times before mumbling.

"Court, do you want to stop and get some food?" he asked me.

My stomach was growling in response that it hasn't been fed in while. I tried to ignore the hunger pains.

"No, thank you," I mumbled.

When he arrived at my house, I practically jumped out of his vehicle- not caring that he hadn't made a complete stop. I got my suitcase from the back seat and went inside. Taylor made an attempt to follow me inside, but I stopped him before he could enter.

"Goodbye, Taylor," I said, before slamming the door in his face.

I walked into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My 21 year old neighbor, Joe, was all over my mother. My mother! My 40 year old mother! I let out a little gasp and my mom pushed Joe away. Joe, realizing that I had caught them, looked like he wanted to disappear.

"Courtney, I thought you were coming home tomorrow!" my mom exclaimed, obviously embarrassed of being caught red-handed.

"No, I came home early," I told her. I was suppressing the urge to throw up. "I'm going to leave. You two.. go back to what you were doing."

My mom tried to protest, but I was adamant on leaving. She was still protesting when I closed the front door behind me. I can put two and two together and I really hoped that my math was wrong.

The rest of the break was uneventful. My mom spent the rest of the week trying to justify leaving my dad for a younger man. I tried to not hate her for seeing a guy who was 3 years my senior. Brittany came home and I had to fill her in on Mom's new boyfriend. She, too, had the same reaction as me, except I was doing a better job on not resenting my mother for breaking up our family.

Taylor had called the house numerous times to try to get a hold of me. I didn't answer any of his calls and just let them go to voicemail. By Sunday, the blinking light was on my final nerve and I decided to check the messages.

"You have 17 unheard messages," the voicemail machine told me.

Beep! Hey, Courtney, it's Taylor. I wanted to tell you I'm sorry, please call me. Beep! It's Taylor again, Court, please call me. Beep! I don't understand why you're mad, please call me back. Beep! Courtney, this isn't funny anymore, call me back. Beep! I love you, please call me back. Beep!

The rest of the messages are saying to call him back because he missed me. 17 messages is a little bit excessive and it was starting to scare me. There was one second where I actually considered calling him back just to stop the voicemail messages, but thankfully, I snapped out of it.

I deleted the messages and went on with my day, hoping that going to school tomorrow will distract me from everything that was going on.

7 comments:

mum said...

Oooh, I predicted something was up with mom, just a little too early. The neighbor is only 21? Wow! This is such a great blog. mum

Stephanie said...

WOW! Don't know about mom there. Courtney reacted a lot better than I would have. Don't know about Taylor either. Courtney needs to talk to someone, bet it'll be Adam.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- You predicted that something was up with the mom but not the dad? Usually people assume that it's the male's indiscretions that break up a marriage.

Thanks for the complement! :D

Stephanie- I think she's in shock for the time being and is unsure of how to react. There IS some resentment on her end, it's just Brittany is MORE resentful. I'm not quite sure how anyone could be ok with their mother seeing someone half their age (or the person is a few years older than you).

We'll see if she talks to someone if anyone at all.

mum said...

The reason I suspected mom was because the one post cliffhanger made note of Court and Taylor being on the beach and Court noticing "her". I thought it was her mom, not Farrah. So I hadn't given any thought to dad at that point. hhmmm..mum

Stephanie said...

Well I have no tolerance for cheaters. And cheating on my father in the home he helped provide for? I'd be dealling some death punches at neighbor boy.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Oh! I see! That makes sense, logically. I didn't even think that it could allude to Court seeing her mother on the beach.

Stephanie- I have a zero policy on cheating. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I would rather you text me right before hooking up with someone else to break up with me rather than just cheat on me.

I'd probably deal punches to both parties involved. It's both her mom and the neighbor's fault.

Stephanie said...

True they are both at fault but I don't think I could ever punch my mother even in this situation. But I'd sure speak my mind and get the hell out of there.

Man poor Courtney is surrounded by cheats these days: Logan, Haylie, Taylor, her own mother.