BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hey guys! :)

How are you guys doing? I'm kind of scared to post this. I'm not sure what people's reactions are. It seems to me that people are I don't know.. taking comments/posts very seriously and I really don't want to spark that kind of reaction, ever. I'm really non-confrontational.

My week has been decent. I got through the Monday Madness where I had 5 papers/essays to turn in. Now, I just have to write a research paper for my program and I'm good.

My boyfriend had his orientation for work and they actually had him work for 4 hours. Well, he still can't drive and he had to bum a ride off of his best friend today. *sigh* I'm working on that. I talked to his parents about it today and his mom was like.. "That's his problem." Sigh.. I don't know.. I don't know how a mother could say that about her child. It's just picking him up from work.. It's not like.. you have anything else better to do (all the chores like.. cleaning, washing the dishes, etc goes towards the kids).. and she's unemployed and not even looking for a job. I'm kind of understanding why he's so unmotivated to do things.. his parents don't motivate him, but nag him to do it but get mad when he's not motivated enough to work on it. Like.. driving.. his dad "tried" for years to get him to do it. By try, I mean "hey, I'm going to wait for you to come to me and ask me to help you." I'll stop with my rant for now. :)

Like I said, I don't know.. the blogs are getting really serious tension vibe (if that made any sense whatsoever). I can understand some people's frustrations when there is a posting schedule and the author doesn't stick with it, but life comes first. I understand that there is writing block and everything, but I also understand from the reader's point of view too. I really miss new posts to some blogs. I feel like.. there's nothing to read sometimes. It makes me sad, but I understand that life is unpredictable.

The whole dry spell with the Bedroom Blog last week. I don't know.. that really got me annoyed. One because they're PAID to do that. And Two because well.. that blog has been inconsistent with posting and stuff. Sometimes the comments are more interesting than the posts, if that makes any sense.

Oh! The Karen Chronicles is getting really good! I think that something's going to happen between Karen and Marco. Hopefully!

If there are any blogs that you guys want to talk about (I don't really remember which ones had new posts this week) feel free! I'm always interesting in conversing with other people! :)

Happy Friday!

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers who read this blog.

AND!

Happy weekend to everyone!

6 comments:

mum said...

I hear what you're saying. A bit of tension going around. I tell you though, as a reader I get frustrated. I'm going through a tough time at work right now and it's like my own personal getaway when I get to read the blogs. When they aren't there, it's a letdown. May sound pathetic, but sometimes that's what gets me through the workday.

Please know that you are appreciated. I don't have what it takes to keep a story blog going, so I am in awe of those who do. I get that life is first, just giving you my perspective.

Enough rambling, have a great weekend! mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Hey, mum! Thanks for saying that. I write for fun, but I'm glad that it's appriciated, which is something I'd never thought I'd hear. So, thank you. :)

I understand what you're saying and I don't think it sounds pathetic. I constantly check back to see if a new post is up or if there are any new blogs that are starting up because blogs are a great escape from the world (since I no longer have the time to read books anymore).

It is a letdown when someone doesn't stick with the posting schedule, but like I said before. I understand that life gets in the way or that people are chasing their dreams of being published (that would be so cool, right?).

I think you would be able to write an awesome blog, mum. You never know until you try. :)

Have a great weekend! =]

Stephanie said...

Some people are just born to complain. They complain if the writer's real life intrudes on the posting schedule. They complain about the content on the post. They even complain about other people's complaints.

I read these blogs because of the entertainment...and well because the writing for my soap Y&R have been awful lately lol. But people take things way too seriously and attack the writer which doesn't help matters. A delayed post is a let down but I just try to be understanding and check back later.

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie, I agree that some people just like to complain and I know some people who can complain about others easily, but when someone complains about them, they just go ballistic. It's just a hassle to deal with her, so I cut her out of my life.

These blogs are supposed to be fun and people shouldn't take things so seriously, that they attack one another.. Sure, it's kind of disappointing, but hey, this is free entertainment. :D I just love those days where there are SO many new posts that you can't wait to set aside time to read each and every one of them! Maybe it's the spring fever? :)

Anonymous said...

These blogs are getting more interesting with the nonsensical fighting, than when they're just telling the story! Seriously though, the passive aggressive comments back and forth are getting old. Everyone understands that the authors have actual lives and can't always keep up with the blogs they write for FREE.

Your blog seems to be about one of the only drama free ones latey... :)

Jayjay0jt said...

Anonymous- I think it's so weird to see the back and forth between the blogs and how it is more interesting than the story itself sometimes. I think that it's because the "fighting" isn't fictional.

I try to keep this blog drama-free. :)