BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hey guys!

How has your day been? Or.. if you're feeling extremely talkative, how has your week been?

Where to start? I bought a netbook for school, which is pretty cool. I only have 2 weeks of school left and it's really overwhelming. But somehow.. it'll be ok. 2 more weeks and I'm done with my first year in college (if you count community college as college, I do.. but some people don't). I'm starting to come down with something and I have a feeling that I'm going to be full blown sick during finals week (which happened last semester too). Yay to finals looming over my head and that 7 page research paper. I'm starting to miss my preschool days. *sigh*

So, is it just me or was the suspense NOT worth it on Bedroom Blog? I mean.. waiting.. almost a week for a post that was supposed to be "tomorrow" for an explanation and the explanation was anti-climatic. I felt like it was a complete let down. Oh, and the whole "OMG, like.. you didn't invite me to your party but you invited my ex-boyfriend over ME?" thing is really high school-ish. I haven't reached K.'s age (whatever it may be, either it's at a standstill like The Simpsons or it continues on in real life time), but I really hope that I don't sound like a middle/high school person when I am.

I know I'm ranting a lot about BB, but it really irked me. I mean, I love BB and that's how I got started with this website, by the individuals advertising their blogs, but.. I feel like they've changed something with the blog (a writer perhaps) and it's off. The posting schedule has always been weird and I don't know whether I want to give up on it or still continue reading it out of loyalty. I remember finding the blog one day and spending all night just catching up on the old posts. The old posts were REALLY good compared to the ones we have today, in my opinion.

But, one blog I loved loved loved (did I mention LOVE?) this week was Alicia's blog, The Not So Outrageous Shenanigans of Leigh Ross (I think I posted the link, so I hope it's ok with you Alicia! If not, tell me and I'll take it down). It was such a shocking plot twist that my mouth is STILL on the ground. So, if you don't read the blog, check it out!

I don't want to make this post longer than it is, even though I have a million of other things to say.

Happy Friday everyone and have an extremely awesome weekend! :)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I have like a huge grin on my face after reading your post. Honestly everyone's reactions makes it worth writing, so I can't say it enough, but thank you!

As for Bedroom Blog, I started reading it when it was in the back of Cosmo, and then I found it online, and I can honestly say that I only read it now out of loyalty. I was really bummed about the whole Sarah issue (even though I think she is lying out of her butt), I just thought it could've been played out better. Do you think they're kind of winding it down so that they can end it? I hope so, but I want the author to do it in a way that makes us NOT want K to go.

As for your finals, good luck. Community College does count, because you can get a degree for less money AND you can transfer your credits to a 4-year and you won't have to take gen-ed's. Not only that, it's a great transition if you aren't ready for a college level class.

So happy Friday, and thanks again!

Jayjay0jt said...

You're welcome! You deserve it! =D

I really think that the Sarah issue could have been played out more. Like.. Sarah and Brandon hooking up, her being pregnant like some of the readers mentioned, I'd even settle for her being a raging alcoholic! But I do think that they might be winding it down so they can end the blog. I think K.'s mom is right when she was like "He's the one" (or somewhere along those lines) and K.'s going to end up marrying Ben, living happily ever after. Maybe she gets knocked up because it's a little too early in the relationship to be thinking marriage. I think they've been together for a month and a half? But, I really think that K.'s story is coming to an end and I know I'll definitely miss her.

Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck I can get! I'm glad that you think CC counts as college. I know a lot of people (including myself sometimes) who just blow it off and think "Oh, it's JUST community college. It's fine". It's really a poor mentality to have on my part, but I'm trying to work on that. :)

Stephanie said...

Like Alicia I read BB in Cosmo then the internet and only read it out of loyalty. I was SO mad about the Brandon story that I actually had to take a break for awhile. Then the whole Sarah/LB thing just irked me. And really Sarah's recent behavior just shows how shady she really is. I think it's too early with Ben and I am sure some drama is going to pop up.

And Community College counts. CC is a good transition from High school to college. I didn't do too hot in high school then got to college and kicked ass.

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- I know what you mean, I really liked Brandon and I was really sad to see him leave. I thought that he and K. made a really good couple. I think that with Ben, his insecurity might take a toll on K sooner or later. It's cute during the beginning of the relationship, but as the relationship goes on? not so much. But I REALLY want some drama soon (and maybe a better posting schedule).

My parents really don't consider CC a college. They're disappointed that I didn't go to the state school I got accepted in, but hey.. It's my life snd it's going to be my debts! Yay! haha.

My boyfriend didn't do so great in high school and he's continuing the trend here in CC because of his mentality. "Oh, it's so easy!" and then he gets a bad grade (Cs and a D). Sadly, it's not only him. Apparently, there are lots of group work in CC and a lot of people have the same mentality which makes it really hard to accomplish your task.

I'm just worried that a 4 year college is going to be 3 times as hard as it is here.

Here's to transferring in a year. *fingers crossed* :)