BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

While You Work

We let the subject of Haylie's sanity drop so we could continue with the training. It wasn't really hard since the register was basically reading off the functions. The only thing was that we had to make sure that Henry had his pin number set to be able to access it, which we did without a problem.

Since the store was momentarily empty, we headed towards the jeans wall so I could show him how to fold jeans. Jasmine was notorious about folding the jeans correctly with a technique that basically is a half roll-half fold. Apparently, it made the size numbers more visible. I wasn't going to argue with her on how no one cares how the jeans are folded. She would probably make me re-do the wall every day while I'm at work or something.

"So, I saw you dancing with a girl at prom," I said, nonchalantly. "From what Sarah's been telling me, she's really smart. She's going to Stanford." Henry looked at me.

"I guess she's pretty smart, but I'm not really interested in her," he said, shrugging.

"Why not?" I asked him.

Inside, I was jumping with joy, but I was also really curious as to why Henry wasn't interested in her. I mean, Michelle (I finally know her name) is gorgeous. She looks like she should be in a Miss USA pageant. I mean, she looks like Kourtney Kardashian- tiny, petite, and just gorgeous! Did I mention that she's gorgeous?

"She threw herself at me," he said, simply as if it explained everything.

"Isn't that, like, every guy's dream?" I asked him, laughing. "You should be lucky that a girl would even want to throw herself at you." He poked me in the ribs and made a face.

"Some guys, but not me," he said. "She completely flashed me, tried to make out with me, and told me that she had a hotel room down the street if I wanted to join her. I think she had herself a little pre-party before going to prom. She smelt like she had consumed half of Beachside's alcohol." When I pictured the look on Henry's face when Michelle was doing all this, I started laughing. He poked me in the ribs again.

"It's not funny!" he insisted. I was still laughing.

"If you say so," I said, smiling.

I went into the stockroom to check to see if Haylie was working. She was grumpily working on organizing the product that we had gotten in. She looked like she was having the time of her life. She practically glared at me while I gave her an "I'm sorry" look.

"Are you and Logan going to try to get back together?" he asked me, when I settled down.

I don't know why, but I felt really uncomfortable all of a sudden. I don't regret sleeping with Logan, but I'm not really that kind of girl who just sleeps around with different guys. Ok, so, the Adam thing doesn't work in my favor either, but I'm blaming that on the alcohol. With Logan, I had nothing to blame it on, just myself. I felt kind off weird for sleeping with him.

"No, we had talked about it and I decided not to get back together with him," I said. Then I added, quietly, "Maybe there's something wrong with me?"

"Why would you say that?" he asked me. "We all do things that we wish didn't happen. There's nothing wrong with you."

"I don't regret it," I said to him. "It's just.. completely not like me to do something like that. I'm just worried that I'm changing into a person that I don't want to be."

Henry was silent after that and we just continued to work in silence for the rest of the shift.




*Hey guys! There's only one day left to vote on the new schedule and on your favorite TV shows. So, if you haven't voted yet, please vote! :) -J'et*

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like they both want to say more but are afriad of what the other will think/say. It is scary when you realize you feel more for a friend and wondering if the other feels the same way.

Jayjay0jt said...

It's a really scary situation to be in. We know that Courtney has feelings for Henry, but we're not completely sure if he feels the same way or if he's just trying to be a friend. We'll see. :)