BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Whirlwind

I didn't know if I really wanted to know what Farrah wanted. I don't even know why I even asked him. I guess my curiosity got the best of me. I mentally braced myself for the answer, even though I had a theory what it was. Although, thinking it was one thing, I don't think I want to hear it out loud.

"I'm not sure if you'd really want to know," Taylor said. He sighed. "She wants me to be with her and never see you ever again."

"I see," I said, softly. It was all I could muster up. What can I say? Farrah had some mental problems, I mean, if she forces a guy to be with her, then he's going to end up resenting her. But then again, this situation was extremely farfetched that I didn't know whether or not to believe that he did help Ricky accidentally burn down the McNeely house or if he was just making one big, elaborate excuse to be with Farrah. "What are you going to do?"

Taylor couldn't look at me. He stared off into the distance. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. I had a feeling that I knew what he was going to say.

"I don't know, Court," he said, sadly. "I really do love you. I think I have to do what she says because it's not just me in this situation, it's Ricky too. I can't let her turn him in. If it was only me, then it would be a different story."

Now, I'm convinced that this was just one big elaborate excuse to be with Farrah. I just wish he'd stop telling me that he loved me. If he really did love me, he would have been up front about the McNeely fire. Frankly, if he was telling the truth, I didn't need to be put in the middle of this situation. Farrah wins, she gets what she wants. Oddly, I'm actually ok with it.

"You do what you have to do, Taylor," I told him. I hugged him. "I'm going to go home now. I'm sorry this didn't work out. I hope you and Farrah can find some happiness together."

Henry opened the passenger's seat for me. As I got into his car, I saw Farrah walk outside and wrap her arms around Taylor. She smirked at me and mouthed "I win". Taylor looked devastated, like he wanted to push her away and come after me. Maybe one day, Taylor and I will find each other again.

"Are you going to be ok?" Henry asked me, when we pulled out of the parking lot.

"I think so," I told him.

**********************************************************

It was May 1st, two weeks passed since Taylor and I broke up. I kept myself busy with work and school so I wouldn't think about it. Today was no exception. After I clocked in, I immediately attacked the large pile of clothes from the fitting room, ignoring Cody who was on the register.

"Hey, Courtney, I'm going to to my lunch," he told me. I gave him a slight nod. I tried not to talk to him if I could, due to my loyalty to Zoey.

Zoey started her shift an hour after I came in. She was practically glowing, sporting a gigantic grin that could have made Reese Witherspoon jealous. The girl's day out we had last week turned out to be amazing and we became closer friends, making plans to get dinner after work tonight.

"Hey, hun, what's going on with you? You're glowing!" I asked, smiling. It was nice to see her so happy after Cody was such a jerk to her.

"Omg! I had such an amazing date with Adam!" she gushed. She paused. "Wait, is it weird to talk to you about it?"

It was a little bit weird, but I figured that I could handle it. As long as I didn't get any in depth details, that is.

"No, it's fine," I assured her. "Why would it be weird?"

"Well, you just got out of a relationship and Adam's your friend," she explained. I shook my head and motioned for her to continue on with her story. She grinned. "Yeah, so.." She talked about how Adam was such a gentleman to her and how he took her to the new Chinese restaurant that opened last week. My mind wandered off while she was talking.

"So, do you think you can talk to him?" she asked, poking me in the ribs returning me to reality.

"Talk to him about what?" I asked.

"About what he thought about our date, silly!" she said. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. It was really obvious that she liked him.

"Sure, I'll talk to him for you, Zoe," I told her.

Let's just hope it's not as awkward as I think it will be.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Taylor is a wimp. I understand him looking out for this guy Ricky but this is his life. What is Farrah going to hold this over his head forever? Might as well tell the truth and take whatever punishment he'll get like a man. Instead he chooses to let Farrah run his life.

And Farrah is one crafty psycho. I would question is she really does have "evidence" or if she just made a lucky guess.

Abd well Courtney talking with Adam is going to be awkward, can't wait to see what happens.

Jayjay0jt said...

Well, Ricky is his best friend and if Taylor lets Farrah rat him out to the police, Ricky will probably get the brunt of the punishment and he'll be an accomplice (or is it an accessory?) to the crime.

I think it'd be safe to assume that Farrah has some sort of evidence since Taylor is running scared. He's convinced that if he doesn't get back together with her that she'd turn him in. It's not like she can go "he did it!" without any proof. I'm sure the police officers would laugh at her. :)

Or, we could entertain the idea that this is part of Taylor's large elaborate plan to convince Courtney that he wasn't cheating on her, in hopes that they could stay together while he secretly sees Farrah behind Courtney's back. Who knows? Taylor keeps going back and forth between the two.

Stephanie said...

If my best friend committed a crime I may keep their secret but if it was to directly impact my life then all bets are off. No way would I saddle myself with a psycho just keep them out of jail.

And if this is an elaborate plan to cover up his cheating than he is an idiot. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to ask Ricky.

Jayjay0jt said...

There are those moments where you try to lie to get out of a situation and it ends up getting completely out of hand. Courtney was the one who said it was the McNeely fire and Taylor could have ran with the story.

Courtney and Ricky don't get along very well, so I doubt she would ever ask him whether or not Taylor was telling the truth. That and two weeks passed with no mention of Taylor trying to get in contact with her.

This is a pretty interesting idea to entertain though. haha.

Alicia said...

I agree with Stephanie! If one of my friends did something that would impact my life forever, then damn straight I would turn their asses in.

However, I'm really disappointed in Taylor. I really thought that he was going to be a good guy. As for Adam, it will be awkward, and I think that Courtney should've told Zoey exactly what went on between them. I only think this, because I feel like it's going to come out eventually, and Adam is going to try and win Courtney back or something like that, and end up hurting Zoey. I just see this as being bad (plus, we all know my feelings about Adam).

Henry seems sweet. I wish we could see more of him (and those two that are getting married...their names escape me). That being said, Courtney should just stay away from guys unless they are JUST friends.

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia, if it was only that easy. Court's in high school going to college. I don't think she can stay away from guys for that long!

Justin and Sarah are basically workaholics(sp?). They're like.. those perfect people who can balance getting a 4.0 in school and working at a job. They're rarely around because they're SO busy and whatever free time they have goes towards spending couple time together and planning their wedding.

Henry, we'll definitely see more of. :)

Who knows, maybe this is Adam's geniune attempt to move on from Courtney (by dating one of her co-workers and friends). Guys don't live by the same code we do, apparently.

But.. would you turn them in knowing that you'll get charged with something too? It's also your future. I don't know what I would do in that situation, to be honest.

Stephanie said...

Well considering the police obviosuly aren't on the trail Taylor could probably work out a deal. And they are minors so the punishment may not be that harsh.

I mean how long is Farrah going to hang this over his head? I would rather deal with the police than live with this psycho in my life as well as the continuous threat of her "telling". She basically owns his life and that is why I would say peace to that wench and deal with the consequences.

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie, your comment made me smile. :) I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the word wench before and I really like it!

I don't know, I would assume that Taylor does love Farrah since he does go back and forth. They might have such a dysfunctional relationship that it works? I really feel bad for her because Taylor strayed twice. I think she needed a way to make sure that he never did it again.