BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baby, I'm Sorry

I took a minute to think about Logan's offer. Last night was fun and amazing and I'd have to admit that I did feel a connection with him, but this was a guy who had told me that he cheated on me because he lost his feelings for me. To make matters worse, he cheated on me with Haylie. It takes two to tango, but still, it didn't hurt any less. His actions lead me to sleep with Adam, ruining my close friendship with him.

I didn't think that we would have this talk at all. I mean, he told me that he wanted to stay single until college. I thought we were on the same page and we were just having fun, but Logan had to ruin it with a relationship talk. Even if it was in a million years, I couldn't down this road again. I just.. couldn't.

"Last night was amazing," I told him with a smile on my face. I took a deep breath. "You're really sweet, but last night was fun and it was nothing more than that. I want to be single for a little bit, I don't think that I'm ready for another relationship. I don't think I could do down the relationship route with you after everything that's happened."

"I see, I understand," he said, obviously disappointed at the rejection. "Friends?" He held out his hand.

"Friends," I said, shaking his hand. I was really glad that he was taking the rejection well. "I should go home, I didn't exactly tell anyone that I was spending the night somewhere."

"Get dressed and I'll give you a ride home," he said. I could have sworn that I had heard a little sadness in his voice. Logan left the room and I quickly got dressed. I felt bad about my decision because he was being so sweet and to top it all off, it seemed like I'm trying to run away from him. Logan knocked on the door before coming in. "You ready?"

"Yeah, thanks, Logan," I told him, gratefully. When we got to my house, Logan insisted on walking me to the door.

"Well, bye," he said, awkwardly. I grabbed his arm and he turned around.

"I know that no matter which college you go to, you're going to find a girl that's perfect for you," I told him. "I'm really sorry that I can't be that girl for you."

"I'm sorry too," he said. I gave him a peck on the cheek and he left. I went into the house to find my mom and my dad sitting in the living room.

"Where were you, young lady?" my mom demanded. "I was worried sick about you! You didn't answer any of my calls and I called all of your friends and they didn't know where you were! I thought you had been kidnapped, raped, or even murdered! Are you seeing someone? Is it that Taylor?"

I became angry. She had been completely selfish since she separated from Dad, parading around with this guy who's half her age. Only a little over 3 years older than her children! It's as if her 20 years of marriage to Dad didn't mean anything to her. She didn't care about me or Brittany or my dad when she started fooling around with Joe, why start caring about me now?

"It's none of your business where I was," I told her. "You don't see me asking where you're going or who you're with. Not that you'd care what I think in the first place."

"Courtney, don't talk to your mother that way," my dad said, sternly.

"No, Dad, she needs to get over herself," I told him. I turned to my mom. "You need to learn that your decisions don't just affect you, they affect the rest of this family. So far, it doesn't look like you give a damn about me, Brittany, or Dad with the way you're parading around with Joe. Who brings a guy over and sleeps with him with her daughters in the house? Especially with a guy who's half your age? Doesn't it disgust you that he's only 3 years older than me and Brittany? Who does that?" I was almost screaming at my mom. My words were almost incomprehensible because I was sobbing so much. My mom looked completely stunned.

"It doesn't even matter anymore," I told her. "I'm moving in with Dad, end of story. You made your choice and I made mine."

I walked away, leaving my mom with her mouth hanging open in surprise. I thought I heard my mom say my name. I didn't even turn around to look, but I was sure that she had said, "Courtney, I'm sorry."

***** Please vote in the poll if you haven't already. I would really like to get some feedback on the posting schedule. It only takes one click! Please and thank you! -J'et*****

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well I think Leigh made a good choice. Best not to go down the Logan road again.

And well I don't blame her for going off on her mother. Bringing Joe into the home was like a slap in the face to her daughters.

Jayjay0jt said...

I think you have your blogs mixed up, Stephanie, but it's ok. I do that all the time. :)

Her dad is handling it really well, considering his marriage of 20 years just crumbled. He just let Courtney go off on her mother like that. It's kind of interesting how passive he was.

Stephanie said...

Sorry meant Courtney but typed Leigh. I was reading the post about the trial and had Leigh on the brain. Too many characters to remember lol.

Courtney's father is holding up pretty well, all things considering. Of course he could be holding it all in for Courtney and her sister. Because I am sure in the back of his mind he is thinking the same things Courtney was aying...I know I am.

Jayjay0jt said...

Lol!

It's pretty interesting though. If I were him, I'd yell, scream, and break dishes for the dramatic effect. :)

mum said...

Court said what needed to be said to her mom.

Regarding the posting schedule, I tried to comment last week, but blogger frozze me out. I don't check over the weekend, so I have two posts to read Monday morning. I don't mind that, but if you went to posting three times during the week, tht would be cool. Let's see if this comment posts! mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Hey, mum! Blogger had problems for me too regarding the posting. But your comment showed up today! :D Yay!

I think by the looks of the poll, that we might have a new schedule. =]