BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

NOTE: Vacation Plans (again) and a Formal Apology

There's a new post under this. :)

First off..

I just wanted to post a reminder that I won't be in town from May 29th to June 11th and I'm still not quite sure how this would affect the blog. With finals, papers, and essays due from now until the 27th, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to write up extra posts, but I'm going to try my hardest to work ahead. I promised myself that I will stick to the posting schedule to the best of my abilities. I'm going to put in 100% to make it work.

Secondly..

I want to make a formal apology to anyone and everyone that I may have offended with my comment on J's blog. It came off really rudely (because it's the internet, you can't really read the tone online) and really.. that really wasn't my intention and it was really a foot in mouth moment. I'm still young and learning how (and when) to keep my mouth shut. I already apologized to J and I wanted to apologize to everyone else. I really do feel badly that she had lost her child. Although, I can't personally relate to her situation, I can only imagine what it must feel like. When my dad told me that my mom had a miscarriage, I could see the hurt in his eyes and that's as close as I can connect to the situation.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and if you want to express yours about my comment, feel free to do so on this post. So again, I'm really sorry to anyone that I've offended with my comment. And if you're reading, J., I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings.

4 comments:

~J said...

So.. I went over to read what was going on with J's blog. I had read some of the comments before, but thought maybe I had missed something that was rude, IDK. I can't believe that chick went off on you for saying what you said. I didn't take it as rude, and obviously neither did J. What I got pissed about is how that chick attacked you.. it's not like you said something like.. "well.. it's just a miscarriage.. Jesus.. and all you have to do is sit and type.. I don't understand why you can't continue with your blog". No.. all you said was the obvious! If you don't want kids (at all or right now), then you should be using some kind of protection so it won't happen. I know nothing is 100%, but geez... Plus, how did we know she used BC pills? She never said she did!
I think that how that chick handled your comment was totally uncalled for. IDk.. maybe it's just me. Some people (like me) say things blunt and while others who are not used to it, take it as being rude when it wasn't intended that way.
You've apologized enough, so I say just be done with it.

Jayjay0jt said...

Thanks for your support ~J!

I thought I missed something too when I read her comment. I was like... did I sleep comment something rude or something? Because I would never write something that would provoke that kind of a reaction.

I'm completely done defending myself and apologizing because I already said what I needed to say. Thank you for understanding that it wasn't my intention to be rude or come off sounding rude.

~J said...

My philosphy.. "Eh! Screw 'em!" :) Some ppl just like to go looking for a fight, or think they are the 'comment police'. To me.. it was HER who stood on 'high ground', to speak (type) to you the way she did. It would have been different it was J that said it, but J said she wasn't bothered by it at all. Sooooo.. again.. SCREW 'EM! :)

Jayjay0jt said...

oops, my computer posted my comment twice.

I have the exact same philosophy.

Honestly, I didn't elaborate on my comment because well, I thought it was obvious. Next time, I'll be sure to write a long detailed explanation with whatever I write so people won't be quick to jump on my comments. As long as I didn't hurt J's feelings, I'm good.

But I'm grateful that I'm not the only one that thought that the girl was out of line. :)

Have a great weekend, ~J!