BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

After calling Henry to thank him for bringing me home, I realized that today was Mother's Day. It had completely slipped my mind. Brittany and I had decided a couple of weeks ago that we were going to make our mom breakfast in bed and then go spend the entire day at the mall shopping (since my mom needed a new purse). But sadly, I had to work this afternoon since we're shorthanded, so I was only going to be there for part of the day.

I went downstairs to start cooking breakfast for my mom. Brittany came down while I was preparing the eggs and bacon.

"Mmm, that's going to be so good!" she exclaimed. She got the pancake mix out. "I'll get the pancakes started." I nodded and smiled.

"She's going to love this!" I told her, concentrating on the eggs and bacon.

"It seemed like you had a wild night last night," she said, nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Well, Henry had drive the car back and carry you up the stairs, I let him in last night because Mom wasn't home," she explained. "You sleep like a log! That's good to know for future reference!" I laughed.

"I guess I was just really exhausted," I told her. "I've been overworking myself to keep my mind off Taylor and, yesterday, it popped into my mind and I guess I cried until I fell asleep on Henry's shoulders. He was sweet enough to bring me home."

"Ahh, I see, he's the new Adam," she said. "Nice!" I laughed at her ridiculous comment.

"You're silly, Britt," I told her. "Henry's not replacing Adam." She let the issue drop. We started plating our dish and we were really proud of our plating. It looked like something a professional chef would do. We even had a card along with a fresh daisy in a small vase! Our mom is going to love it!

We hurried up the stairs as fast as we could because we just couldn't wait to see the look on our mother's face when she sees our breakfast. Brittany slowly turned the knob to my mom's bedroom and we both yelled "SURPRISE! Happy Mother's day!". Our smiles turned into disgust when we realized that our mom and Joe were "getting it on".

"OMG, MOM!" I shouted.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Brittany yelled.

"GIRLS!" my mom yelled in surprise. She desperately tried to cover herself up. "I'm so sor-"
We didn't want to hear what she had to say. We couldn't get out of there fast enough and slammed the door behind us. We left her breakfast outside her room and just left in our car. I was driving and I had zero idea of where we were going. I had to pull over to calm myself down because I kept swerving on the road. I couldn't believe that my mom could do that in our house with my sister and I there.

"I don't think I could ever look her in the eye ever again," I told Brittany. "What kind of a mom brings her boyfriend over and lets him stay over when she has kids in the house?"

"I'm so angry! He's half her age!" she exclaimed. "He's only 3 years older than us! What the hell!"

We sat in the car in silence for the longest time, just fuming over our mother. Then, I realized something... Something that I should have realized a long time ago...

"I think I want to go live with Dad," I said, softly.

5 comments:

mum said...

Oh, how gross! I guess Brit and Court got the surprise. Ugh. What a difficult situation, even if they are not little kids, having your parents split up has to be hard. And then for mom to bring the dude home?? That was kind of inconsiderate. Does the guy still live with his parents, I wonder? Maybe that's why she had to bring him to her house. mum

Anonymous said...

I totally called that as soon as I read about them bringing their mom breakfast in bed!!!! Sick. Blech.

Anonymous said...

I think he does live at home. He lives a couple of doors down, does he?

I think it's worse because the guy is half their mom's age and is only a couple of years older than Court and Brit. I wonder if the mom has any other guys other than Joe.

Stephanie said...

Yeah figured something like this was going to happen. Gross.

It would be a different story if the parents were divorced but they are still married, just separated. And maybe if the guy wasn't only 3 years older then they are. Looks like mom is the one having the mid-life crisis. But the woman should take it out of the house and away from her daughters out of respect for their feelings.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Yes the guy still lives with his parents. He's their neighbor, which is why it makes it so weird. Any divorce would be hard with the children involved.

Anonymous (6:19)- I agree. It's disgusting and inconsiderate of their mom to bring a guy over on Mother's Day on all days.

Anonymous (7:03)- That is a good point that their mom might have guys other guys on the side. But I think we'll assume that it's just Joe (besides, it'd be hard to sneak other guys over while Joe lives in the neighborhood).

Stephanie- It's kind of like the mother is kicking the girls while they're down. I mean, they are getting used to the fact that their parents are divorcing and probably, like other kids, want their parents to get back together. I guess the mom is showing that there's no reconciliation between her and their dad.