BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Walk Away

I grudgingly pulled myself out of bed this morning. I was not looking forward to school and seeing Adam. But, I had promised Zoey that I would talk to him about their date. I really hoped that he liked Zoey because she's such a sweet girl. She dropped me off at my house last night even though I didn't ask her to and it was completely out of her way. I took a quick shower and went downstairs for breakfast. I was surprised to see Henry there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, a little rudely. I'm really not a morning person. I softened the tone of my voice. "I mean, what are you doing here?"

"Your mom let me in. I figured we can grab breakfast on the way to school," he said, smiling. I don't know about any of the other mornings, but this morning, he was awfully chipper. "What do you say, Court? You game?" I really didn't want to go out for breakfast. I wasn't in an extrovert mood this morning.

"No, I don't feel like going out right now," I told him. He looked disappointed. So I said, "Hey, I'll make us some breakfast here. What do you want? Pancakes sound good?" He nodded. I grabbed the pancake mix (yes, I can't cook from scratch, I fail at cooking) and make a two stacks.

"Here you go," I said, setting his stack in front of him. I handed him the maple syrup. I sat down next to him with my stack and started wolfing them down.

"Slow down or you're going to choke," he said, laughing. I looked at him.

"I have to go early so I can talk to Adam," I told him, with my mouth full. Yes, it's a really attractive quality that I have.

"Oh? What do you have to talk to him about?" Henry asked curiously. "Wait, let me guess, you're going to profess your feelings for him." I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or if he actually meant it.

"Adam and I are just friends," I told him, firmly. He laughed.

"I was joking," he said, smirking. "Someone's defensive." I smack him on the arm.

"Someone needs to hurry up!" I told him, rolling my eyes. He didn't say anything to me after that. He did start to eat faster though. I smiled to myself.

I practically ran to his truck. I wanted to get this over as soon as possible. Henry was making fun of me the whole ride to school and making kissy noises. I imagined this is what it would be like to have a brother. Boy, was I glad I didn't have a brother. When I got out of his truck, he attempted to follow me, but I shooed him away. I wasn't going to let other people witness the obviously awkwardness between Adam and I. I found Adam at his locker, where he usually was at this time.

"Hey!" I said to him. I was just going to jump right into it. "How was your date the other night?"

"Good," he said, not looking at me.

"Um, well, do you like her?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do," he said. He seemed annoyed. He turned to look at me. "Listen, I shouldn't be speaking to you now that I'm dating Zoey. I really like her and I don't want things to get awkward in the relationship when I tell her what happened between the two of us. I think it's best if we don't talk to each other." He slammed his locker shut and walked away, leaving me speechless.

9 comments:

mum said...

Not real surprised that Adam acted the way he did. (Not that I'm an Adam fan) I respect that he's planning to tell Zoey about he and Court early on in the relationship. A little part of me wonders, though, if this is just a way to make Court jealous. I'd hate the see Zoey get hurt in all this. mum

Anonymous said...

I think that Adam is doing this to make her jealous. I mean, why else date someone that she knows and sees frequently? I didn't like the way he said it. He was kind of rude in the execution part of it.

I'm a firm believer that you don't date your friend's friends because you're going to have someone stuck in the middle when there's relationship problems.

BC

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- oh no! I think I'm the only one that likes Adam. I actually think he and Taylor have a lot of similar qualities.

It just looks like he is sincerely trying to move on from Courtney by cutting her completely out of his life. We'll see how well that goes for him and for Zoey. :)

BC- That's interesting. I think he was a little cold and defensive that Court was talking to him after.. at least a month of avoiding and ignoring him.

I have an aquaintance that believes that it's ok to steal a girl's boyfriend as long as the girl is NOT your friend. It's nice to see that she has some boundaries. But I agree with you that it's really not a good way to keep your friends when you date a friend's friend. :)

Stephanie said...

Well ti looks like Henry likes Courtney.

And I am not really surprised by Adam's reaction. I mean Courtney did cut him out of her life and then she chose Taylor when he demanded it...now it looks like he is giving her a little taste of her own medicine.

Really I don't mind Adam. If Courtney and he would ever address the fact that he lied about Logan and Haylie I might like him even more.

azulkrema said...

well im not new to the blog but i am new to the comment section :) Just wanted to let you know that i actually like adam more than i do taylor im not really sure why. Taylor seems to always have excuses to everything and Adam is pretty straight forward (more than taylor anyway)...... anyways i still love the blog..good job

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stephanie that Henry might have feelings for Courtney even though she thinks of him like a brother. But, I like Adam. I think he's a good guy who tries to protect his friends, even though he might go at it in the wrong way.

BC

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- Adam never knew about the whole "I chose Taylor over you" ordeal. She never told him that she wasn't speaking to him. As far as Adam knows, they're still awkward from the whole Courtney choosing to be with Taylor and "dumping" Adam thing.

azulkrema- welcome to the comment section! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here! I understand perfectly. I really don't understand why I like Adam more than Taylor and why there were so many Taylor fans (don't get me wrong, I like Taylor, just not as much as Adam).

I'm glad that you enjoy the blog! :)

BC- I agree with you that in some odd way that he was trying to protect Courtney. I don't know. Who knows if he can actually move on and like mum said, and leave Zoey out of the crossfire.

Alicia said...

I think I said this last time, but I think that Courtney should've told Zoey the situation (a watered-down version anyway) of what went on between her and Adam. I know that Courtney likes to say that her and Adam are friends, but I think that she needs to come to terms with the fact that things have been different between them for a REALLY long time now.

I think that Adam is being a really good guy in that he wants to tell Zoey what happened, but I feel like he's doing it to either make Courtney jealous, or make Zoey eventually choose between the two of them.

Again, another great post

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia, Courtney might be in denial about her relationship with Adam. She thinks that because they've been best friends for so long that this wouldn't come that much between them.

I don't know if Adam has an ulterior motive for telling Zoey. Maybe he just wants her to know because he wants the relationship to actually work. Maybe he realized that Courtney would never love him the way he loves her. Hopefully, he gave up at least..

I'm glad you enjoyed the post. :)