BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Prom (Part I)


From left to right: my dress, Haylie's dress, Sarah's dress, Zoey's dress

This is a little embarrassing to admit, but I totally forgot about prom. Somehow, all of the announcements, big signs, and chatter about prom escaped my attention. If it weren't for Brittany jumping on my bed at 7am, I wouldn't have known. Luckily, she had anticipated that I would forget about prom and had bought me a ticket in advance. I have such an awesome sister who assumed correctly that I wanted to go to prom. I was oddly excited for it even though I'm going solo.

"Do you have a dress?" Brittany asked me, taking a bite out of her plain bagel.

"No, I don't! Do you think I can borrow one of the ones you're not wearing?" I asked, sheepishly.

"Sure, sis, let me bring both of them down," she said. Brittany couldn't choose one dress in the store and had figured to buy all three and then try to put together the perfect prom look at home to make the final decision. Again, I was lucky that Brittany hadn't already return the two dresses that she wasn't wearing.

I heard a honk outside and it was my cue to leave. Sarah, Haylie, and I were having a girls' day- getting our hair, makeup, and nails done. Apparently Haylie had the perfect gold heels to go with the short emerald dress I picked out. I grabbed my gold clutch and my dress and headed out the door.

Brittany has been giving me flack for hanging out with Haylie after the Logan incident. But honestly, I don't care anymore. It's just a boy. Boys come and go. Yes, her actions were questionable, but I don't really see the point in throwing away all the years of friendship over one boy. At the end of the day, I still love Haylie and she's my best friend.

Of course, it was an all day process to get ready. I had the whole gorgeous Taylor Swift curls going on, Sarah had her hair up in a bun, and Haylie had a half up, half down hairstyle that resembled something Carrie Underwood would have.

Apparently, we had rented a limo for prom. I didn't know until the driver came to pick us up. Justin, Henry, and Luke were already in the limo. I was surprised that Henry didn't have a date to prom. I know that a bunch of girls would have loved to be his date to prom. Our next stop was Adam's house. I wasn't surprised when he had walked out with Zoey as his date. Everyone looked amazing. The boys in their tuxs and the girls in their dresses.

"Group photo time!" Sarah exclaimed. We groaned and all tried to maneuver in the limo to get into the shot. We got some really cute couple pictures for Adam and Zoey, Sarah and Justin, and for Haylie and Luke. Suddenly, I felt a twinge of sadness that I wasn't going to prom with someone.

"We should get a picture of Courtney and Henry together," Justin said. I laughed and allowed him to take the picture. If anything, I can always lie and say I went with Henry. We arrived at the area where the prom was held right when they were serving the dinner. We had a choice between chicken, beef, or vegetarian. The vegetarian was amazing!

The place was decorated amazingly well. I noticed that the space we had was really roomy and there was a lot of space to mingle and move and dance. We had a balcony if we wanted to get some air. It had such a romantic feel to it. I think the first thing we did after eating was wait in the ridiculously long line for pictures. I think we had every combination possible. The ones that turned out the best was my picture with Brittany. Our parents were going to love them.

I think it was halfway through the prom, I just got claustrophobic. We had all separated- the couples headed to the dance floor to grind on each other (I was never really into grinding). I went outside to get some air. I think I've come to the conclusion that prom is overrated. I mean, the person who was in charge of pulling everything together did a wonderful job, but I wasn't enjoying myself.

"Hey, are you ok?" I turned around and saw that Henry had followed me out.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told him. "I just thought that I'd be at prom with someone I was dating." I realized how desperate that sounded, but I didn't care.

"You don't need to be dating anyone to have fun at prom," he said to me. "You look beautiful, don't let it go to waste. Come on." He held out his hand. I took it and he lead me inside, where we had started dancing. Right when we got onto the dance floor, the song ended and a slow song came on. Henry pulled me close to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Oddly enough, I didn't feel weird slow dancing with Henry. It was weirdly comfortable.

I started to feel nervous. I felt like I had butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. I noticed ridiculously minute details like how his soft brown hair draped over his left eye and how cute his smile was. I couldn't help but notice how close we were. All I could think about was kissing him.

Oh my god, I think I have a crush on Henry.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah don't know if I would have forgiven Haylie, ever. It may just be "a boy" but it was the backstabbing and the lies that would ALWAYS be there in the back of my mind. That's on top of the fact that she aparently got with Logan and faked a pregnancy to get money. She's just shady and I wouldn't turn my back on her.

Henry's a nice guy. Even better, there are no psycho ex girlfriends who will blackmail him into being with her. There is Haylie though and after the Logan incident I wouldn't put anything past her. Especially since not too long ago she was calling Henry and was mad that he wasn't jumping at the chance to be her fallback guy.

Anonymous said...

I was definitely waiting for this one to happen. They have been spending alot of time together :) I love it. Although honestly I want to see her end up with Adam, I think Henry could end up winning me over. And hopefully her too!! :)

Alicia said...

As I said, I am all for Henry, but there is that little twinge of apprehension. I mean, for a little while, I thought Adam was the perfect guy before everything came out that he wasn't that great (the lying part), so I am scared that something is going to pop up that's going to make me mad at Henry.

As for Haylie, I know how it feels to want to forgive your best friend, but I feel like that only goes to a certain extent. She didn't just mess up once, she did it like a billion different times. Its a good thing Court is a bigger person and can look past it.

Alicia said...

p.s. i just noticed that you have a count for people that come on your blog...how did you get that?

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- I think it may be a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" type of deal.

Haylie has Luke to distract her from Henry. Henry's a really nice guy, but he's been in love with Haylie since forever, which may or may not be a problem.

Anonymous- I'm surprised that someone wants Courtney to end up with Adam with everything that's happened. It's really a nice change. :D

Alicia- I got the counter off of the bravenet website www.bravenet.com. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure that you have to give them your email to sign up for the counter and you can just post the html onto your layout. I don't believe that it's an actual counter for the number of people, but how many times your page has been visited. I had it up for a week and I don't think 700+ people read my blog (I wish).

Hmm.. I think that it's pretty normal to lie, that everyone does it from time to time for different reasons. I can't promise that something is not going to come out about Henry and I can't promise that something is going to come out. I'm still playing with ideas. :)

Alicia said...

I know what you mean about lying, its just that it comes to a point when you aren't just lying to save your ass, but you end up hurting everyone else, and I feel like Haylie (even Adam) hurt a lot of people through lying. I think if they were at least semi-honest at the beginning then it wouldn't be so awkward for everyone to be around eachother.

Jayjay0jt said...

That is true. I'm not disputing that lies hurt, but there are so many people in the group already that any lie would hurt the group. I guess.. she wants to forgive and forget or.. forgive and keep an eye on Haylie.