BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 31, 2010

One Less Lonely

Logan and I were studying for our Physiology final tomorrow. I was extremely nervous about how I was going to do in that class. I really wanted to get a good grade (an "A") in that class, but right now, it looks totally hopeless. It doesn't really help that we kept eying each other like we wanted to rip each other's clothes off. It was a huge distraction.

I've never really done anything like this before, this whole "friends with benefits thing", but I'm loving every second of it. Besides, it was just Logan and he's probably not even going to Beachside in the fall. It really wasn't a big deal.

I was really scared. Finals for seniors were on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Graduation practice was on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was the actual day of graduation. Everything was moving really fast. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was starting off my senior year of high school and, now, it's already ending and everyone's splitting up.

I take that back. Not everyone. Sarah and Justin. They recently decided on which college they will be attending. They'll both be at University of California: San Diego (UCSD). I'm sad that I won't be able to see them around town as much as I do now. But, they'll have their own apartment in San Diego and I'll be able to visit them.

Haylie, Henry, Adam, and I are going to Beachside in the fall. I'm not sure if Adam is going to Beachside because of Zoey or because he really wants to go there. I'm not one to question his choices, but I am curious about his decision. They're doing really well as a couple and I'm really happy for them. They've almost reached their one month anniversary, from what Sarah tells me.

Haylie and Luke. I'm not sure how they're doing. But, I had a dinner date with Haylie tonight and we were going to do some catching up and possibly some relationship repair. I missed the girl who I could tell everything to.

"Courtney, you ok?" Logan asked, worriedly. He waved his hand in front of my face. I broke out of my train of thought.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" I asked him, apologetically. "I was thinking."

"I just wanted to know if you knew the answer to number 24," He said.

"Oh, yeah, it's B," I said, after checking my paper. "Neurons."

"Ok," he said, marking his paper. "Are you ok?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about a couple of things," I said. "Nothing really important. Don't worry." I smiled.

"When are you leaving to meet Haylie?" he asked me, making a face. I laughed and playfully hit him on the arm.

"Oh, stop," I said, smiling. "You know she's not that bad."

"No, she is," he told me. "I don't know why you'd want to stay friends with her." I sighed. I've had to defend my friendship with Haylie to almost everyone I knew.

"We've been friends for so long," I told him. "I don't know if that make sense, but I don't think that our friendship should be thrown away over something really trivial. You're awesome, but you're just a guy. Guys come and go and friendship lasts forever." He looked at me and I laughed.

"Or something Hallmark-y like that," I said. "I don't know. I just think that she needs a friend. Who better understands her than the person who's known her the longest. You know?"

He nodded, but I could tell that he didn't really understand what I was trying to tell him. Heck, I don't even understand exactly why I was doing this. Maybe I'm a lonely girl. Maybe I'm a person who can forgive and forget. There is the last maybe...

Maybe I'm just a crazy person.


***Note: I DO have internet, but it's been really flaky lately. It lets me get on for about 5 minutes then kicks me off. So.. I have the first week's posts written and I'm trying to work on the other posts for next week whenever the internet lets me on. I wanted to let you guys know that if there is no poll on Tuesday or if there is no post, it's because my internet won't let me on. I really hope you guys understand and that is a worst case senario. Actually, I think I'll do the poll now. LOL.***

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Friends with Benefits usually start out okay then get messy as time goes on because someone usually ends up developing feelings there.

And even though I agree with Logan he can't really say much. I am sure a lot of people would wonder why Courtney would want to remain "friends" with the guy who cheated on her.

~J said...

Hey.. if the sex is good... then go for it!! :D Well... that's what I would do anyway hhahahah

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- That is true. Logan really has no say in the matter. But, regarding the whole "friends with benefits" thing. Logan was at the right place at the right time, I guess.

~J- HAHAHAHHA! I loved your comment. LOL.

mum said...

Two things that stick in my mind - 1. Courtney mentioned a couple posts ago that she was "becoming the girl that she didn't want to be". I assume that means the whole booty call thing. It really surprises me that she's doing this w/Logan when she likes Henry. I realize that finals and grad, etc. have you all busy and starting a romantic relationship would just add to it, but I'm surprised nonetheless. 2. She has to defend her friendship with Haylie to everyone - kind of like Jajay defending it on the comment board..haha..just made me laugh. I've never been in that situation so I don't know what I'd do, but I don't think I'd be so forgiving..mum

Alicia said...

Love the post, and I think I've already said how I feel about friends with benefits, but if I haven't, they almost never work. And I agree with Stephanie, Logan doesn't really have any right to judge Court's decision since he's the one that cheated on her with Haylie.

As for your posting, I find that it's easier to use Word and then copy and paste it onto blog. The only thing is that you have to double space between each break.

Again, great post!

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- It seems completely out of character for Courtney to be having a friends with benefits relationship.

Did I defend the friendship? haha. I probably did and can't remember. =]

Alicia- I think I tried using MW and then something weird happened. I don't know, but Blogger has been being weird for me lately.

I'm glad you liked the post! :)