BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Saying Sorry

After I left Logan, I met up with Haylie at this cute little Italian restaurant in downtown Beachside. It had the best spaghetti I've ever tasted. Of course, when this cute Italian waiter came up to the two of us (and he was totally flirting with us), I ordered the spaghetti. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

"Listen, Court," Haylie said. "I know I've done some horrible things." She looked at me with her sad eyes.

"Yeah?" I said, nodding. "Go on."

"I would really like to apologize for ruining our friendship," she said. I could already tell that she was going to start crying. The tears in her eyes were already threatening to overflow. I felt really bad for her.

I didn't know what to say to that. I didn't know how to explain why I forgave her already or what my thought process is. All I know is that, I do forgive her. I don't really care anymore. I just want our relationship to go back to normal, if that was even possible. I don't know, but I would really like to try and have my best friend back.

"Oh, sweetie," I said, patting her hand. "It's ok, really. I forgave you already. I really miss having my best friend."

"I miss you too, Court," she told me, sniffling.

She came over and gave me a hug. I smiled at her.

"So, tell me about Luke," I said, laughing.

"Omg, Luke is amazing!" she gushed. "He is everything that I want in a guy and more. I mean, we're not official or anything like that yet, but I think we're heading in the right direction."

"I'm so happy for you, Hales," I told her, grinning.

"The only downside is, he doesn't believe in sex before marriage," she told me. "I don't know how I feel about that one. On one hand, I think that it's amazing that he has such strong will to commit to something like that. On the other hand.. well.." She grinned.

"I don't know, Hales," I told her. "If you really like the guy, it shouldn't matter. And you COULD end up marrying him and you'll be his first, which would be really special to him."

"Oh, gosh," she said, laughing. She was on the border of hysterical laughter and I was suddenly scared. "I don't even want to think about marriage right now. I mean, I'm happy for Sara and Justin, but I really think that we're too young to get married. Way too young. There's so much to do in the world, you know? I don't want to be tied down that young with such a committment."

"I understand," I told her. 'But, I'm glad that they're going to the same college, that makes things a little bit easier."

"So, enough about Sarah and Justin," Haylie said, dismissively. "What about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

I hesitated. I mean.. Do I tell her that I'm "seeing" Logan? I mean, they are exes, even though I technically had him first. Haylie didn't really take the break up well, according to what Logan had told me. I don't want to risk ruining our relationship that we're trying to start up again. I know that honesty is the best policy, but I don't want to hurt her feelings.

"No," I said. I decided to choose my words carefully. "I'm not dating anyone."

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel like Haylie is going to find out sooner or later. Just hope she doesn't turn into the psych Haylie we all know and "love"

Stephanie said...

It's not like Haylie can say much about Courtney and Logan. She was the one who was cheating with him behind her "best friend's" back, lied about a pregnancy, and ended up doing it all to get her hands on some of Logan's money. With friends like that who needs enemies?

I have to applaud Courtney for her ability to forgive because I know I couldn't. Too much damage has been done in my opinion.

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia- we'll see. I loved how you put the " " around love. :)

Stephanie- Haylie can't say much about it, but she is arguably psycho like Alicia said. So, she could flip her lid. :)

I personally couldn't forgive someone like that either. Too much drama in their lives and I'd get sucked into it.