BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Nervous Nervous

At first, I was shocked. Then, the shock turned into anger. I was so livid that I couldn't see straight. It felt like all of my thoughts came rushing in at the same time. How did Henry find the pregnancy test? Did he go through my purse? Did he know I was hiding something? I was so stupid for not bringing my purse with me!

"You went through my purse?" I accused, angrily. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"What? No!" he exclaimed, looking a little hurt at the accusation. "I would never do that, Courtney. I was trying to save a trip back to the car and was trying to carry to many things at once. I had the beach towel, the umbrella, the cooler, and your tote bag with your beach stuff in my arms. I was trying to get your purse while I was at it, because you asked me to, and I accidentally knocked it over. You forgot to close your purse and everything came tumbling out, including this." He waved the pregnancy test around.

"Oh," I said, softly. I felt bad for accusing him of snooping through my purse. He was being so calm about this whole situation and was willing to talk it out with me. I commend him for keeping his cool, because I sure didn't.

"I set everything in the back seat and tried to organize everything in your purse," he continued. "You have a lot of things in there, so you might want to check if everything's there. I checked under the cars to see if anything was there, and I think I got everything. Back to the original question. What's this? You think you're pregnant?"

I got into the driver's seat and looked at the back seat. It looked like Henry was telling the truth about my purse spilling over. Everything was just piled up behind the passenger's seat and when I looked in my purse, it looked like Henry had re-organized everything- like he said he had. I sighed. I had calmed down a little bit after listening to Henry explain what happened. I guess it was my turn to explain.

"I've been feeling a little bit nauseous lately and I've been throwing up," I admitted. "I'm a couple of days late and I'm a little worried that I am pregnant. So, I bought the test to see whether or not I am."

"If you are, it's Logan's, right?" he asked me. I nodded. "Have you talked to him about this?"

"No, I haven't talked to him yet," I told him. "He stopped by earlier today just before you did and wanted to go out, but I didn't want to. He wouldn't take no for an answer. I just.. I just couldn't deal with seeing him there at my house while knowing that there might be a possibility that I'm pregnant with his child. But, I want to find out before telling him. I don't want to worry him if it's nothing."

"But, what if it is something?" Henry asked me. I shrugged.

"I haven't thought that far ahead yet," I said. "But, I will talk to him about our options if it is something."

"That sounds like a good idea," he said. "He should be included in the process if you are pregnant." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, this was supposed to be a fun day, but I completely ruined it for us," I said, sadly. I took his hand in mine. "I'm really sorry, Henry, for everything." He put an arm around me.

"Hey, don't worry about it," he said, kissing me on the forehead. "This is more important than a silly little trip to the beach that we can take any time we wanted. I'm more concerned about you and your situation. Do you want someone to be with you while you take the test? I'm here if you need me." I nodded. I couldn't believe how sweet Henry was.

"Can we go back to my house and do it now?" I asked him. "I really want to get this over with."

"Sure," he said.

I drove us back to my house and lugged all of the beach stuff back in. Henry waited for me in my room while I took the test. I went into my room after washing my hands. Now, all we had to do was wait.

"I really appreciate you being here for me," I told him.

"No problem," Henry said, holding my hand. "Courtney?"

"Hmmm?"

"No matter what the test says, I'm still here for you," he told me. I couldn't help but go "awwwww".

"Thanks, Henry," I said, with a smile on my face.

I looked at my clock and it was time to see what the results are. I went into the bathroom and picked up the test...

7 comments:

mum said...

I KNEW you were gonna make us wait for the results...naughty girl. LOVE HENRY! mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Oh my gosh, mum! Your comment was such a good way to start my long day! LOL!

I'm sorry you have to wait, I wanted to make Henry even more lovable first. :)

Have a great Monday!

azulkrema said...

mission complete Henry is officially lovable........but darn the cliffhanger

Stephanie said...

Aww Henry is a gem. A lesser man would have ran for the hills by now.

Now anxiously awaiting the results....

G2G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G2G said...

you are terrible girl :P lol we wanna know if she's prego!!! hahah can't wait to find out!!! :D henry is a cutie ;) and has anyone else noticed that Henry sounds either very french or like an 1800's english king, both sexy ;) ahaha
(btw i made a spelling mistake before that's why i deleted my previous comment! lol)

Jayjay0jt said...

Sorry for the late reply guys, just got home from school. :)

azulkrema- Mission complete? YES! Score one for Henry!

Again, sorry about the cliffhanger. :)

Stephanie- I agree. A normal guy would run far far far away by now. He seems very mature for his age, which may be a good thing. :)

GCG- LOL! Sorry! I like how I'm apologizing to everyone about the cliffhanger. HAHA.

Actually, that's pretty interesting that you got the French/English king vibe, I'm re-reading it and now imagining him with an English accent. LOL. I'm a sucker for an English accent. What I would give to go to school surrounded by English boys. ;)