BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stupid

Henry and I were going to the beach today. It was a gorgeous day outside. The sun was shining, there were no clouds in the sky, and it wasn't too hot or too cold with just a tiny breeze- it was a perfect day for the beach. I wanted to make up for cutting our date short yesterday, even though it was unexpected. I was busily making lemonade and roast beef sandwiches to bring to the beach while waiting for Henry to arrive.

My mind wandered back to the events of yesterday as I was squeezing the lemons for the lemonade. I don't know if I should tell Henry or not. I'm scared. I'm scared of telling him and seeing his reaction. Part of me thinks that he'll be really supportive and the other part of me thinks that he might run away because he wouldn't be able to handle it. It just adds onto the fear that I might actually be pregnant. I don't want to be pregnant at 17.

How could this happen? We were safe. Logan had used a condom. I'm pretty sure (99.9999% sure) that it didn't break and I'm on birth control. Oh, geez. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

I had to know. Now. This is torture. I had to know so I can make a proper decision about what to do (if I was pregnant) after talking to Logan.

The doorbell rang and I tried to push my thoughts to the back of my mind. I opened the door.

Logan. Why was Logan here? He was the last person I wanted to see right now.

"You look great," he said, eying me up and down. I looked down at my white T-shirt and shorts.

"Uh, thanks?" I said, a little bit confused as to why he was here. "What are you doing here? I wasn't expecting you."

"I wanted to see if you wanted to get a cup of coffee with me," he said, smiling. "Oh, wait. A smoothie, since it's a nice day outside." I bit my lower lip and shook my head.

"I'm sorry, Logan, I can't," I told him. "I have plans already."

"Well, how about tomorrow?" he asked me. I sighed.

"I can't do this right now, Logan!" I told him, a little harsher than I intented. He looked hurt. "I'll talk to you later."

I went back into the kitchen to finish off the lemonade. The doorbell rang again. I can't believe he came back! I swung the door open.

"What do you want?" I asked, angrily.

"I thought we're going to the beach?" Henry asked me, in a small voice. My anger disappeared and was replaced by guilt.

"I'm so sorry, Henry," I apologized, before giving him a big hug. "I thought you were someone else."

"It's ok," he said. He left it at that. He didn't push me and ask me who the person was. I'd have to admit that I was kind of glad.

"You ready to go?" I asked him. "I made some sandwiches and some lemonade."

"Can we stop by the store?" he asked me. "I want to get a new beach towel." I nodded.

We arrived at the store and we decided to meet back at my car. I quickly ran to the cash regrister to pay for my home pregnancy test before Henry could see me. I crammed it in my purse when I was outside. I was in the car for a good 5 minutes before Henry came out. I was safe!

We were at the beach a couple of minutes later. I realized that I had to use the restroom.

"Henry, I'm going to go to the restroom, do you mind grabbing my purse and the cooler and find a spot?" I asked him.

"Sure, no problem," he said.

After using the restroom, I walked around the beach looking for Henry, but I couldn't find him. I walked back to my car and found him sitting in the passenger seat. I opened the driver side door.

"Hey, I thought you were going to find a spot?" I asked him.

"What's this?" he asked me.

I looked at what he was holding in his hands. It was my home pregnancy test...

6 comments:

azulkrema said...

either courtney forgot to close her purse or henry was snooping around.......either way it cant be good....i really hope she isnt pregnant but now we have to wait until next week to find out

Stephanie said...

Well that's not good. Not good at all. I really hope she isn't pregnant either but her "relationship" with Henry might have just hit one major snag.

And well Logan is kind of weirding me out. He seems to be everywhere these days, and not in a good way.

Jayjay0jt said...

Azulkrema- I agree, either way would be bad since she was not sure if she was going to tell Henry or not. It looks like both of them have some explaining to do, especially Courtney.

Stephanie- We'll see how this affects her "relationship" with Henry. Jerry! Jerry! (kidding). :)

Both Logan and Taylor are really trying to get her attention, especially since they don't know about Courtney and Henry's "relationship".

G2G said...

OMG!!!!!!!!
I really hope that Courtney forgot to close her purse and that Henry didn't go snooping around!! Although, to be honest, he doesn't seem like that type to do that... I mean he didn't even ask who C thought was at the door when she snapped at him... I guess we'll have to wait and find out!! So excited! :)

Alicia said...

I don't understand why Courtney just didn't take her purse with her. Maybe that's because I'm the type of girl that takes mine with me...I dunno. I just hope that Henry wasn't snooping. I do feel like the test is something she should've bought when she was by herself.

I agree with Stephanie, Logan is acting like a stalker and he needs to stop.

As for the poll, my other is definitley a tie between Orange Fanta and Strawberry Fanta :)
Great post J'et

Jayjay0jt said...

GCG- I'm glad you're excited! :) We'll find out soon whether or not Henry was snooping. He doesn't seem to be the type to snoop, but we know that guys are curious as to what we keep in our bags. :)

Alicia- I don't really find it unusual that she left her bag with Henry. I make my boyfriend hold my purse when I'm driving or when I go to the restroom. =]

I agree that Courtney didn't really think that one out, but we all make stupid decisions.