BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Early in the Morning

I woke up today feeling a little bit nauseous. It was the first day of finals and I didn't feel ready. I wanted to go back to sleep and just stay asleep until graduation was over. Of course, I couldn't do that because Brittany came into my room to make sure I was going to school.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," she said, shoving me off the bed. "It's finals day!" I don't know how she could sound so cheery at 6:30 in the morning. I grumbled and got back in bed, where it was warm.

"Only one more week until graduation!" she exclaimed. "Come on! Get up!" She pulled the blankets off and I gave her a "I'm going to kill you" stare.

"I'm up, I'm up," I told her, getting up. I stumbled into the bathroom and hopped into the shower. My nerves got the best of me and I threw up before I stop myself. I groaned. This was going to be a really long day.

After I got dressed, I noticed that a car had pulled up into my driveway. I peered outside my window and saw that it was Henry and his truck. Before he could ring the doorbell, I opened the door.

"Hey, you," I said, giving him a hug. "Good morning."

"Hi," he said, a little taken back by the hug. I don't know if it was because it was early in the morning or what, but I thought it was odd. "Did you eat yet?"

"No, not yet," I told hi. "I heard a car pull up and I had to see who it was."

"Do you want to go out and get something really fast before school?" he asked.

"Sure," I said, smiling.

"Great," he said, grinning.

I think we would have stood there, smiling like idiots, if I hadn't walked off to get my backpack and my study notes. Henry was acting kind of weird lately. Is he threatened by Logan or something? I mean, Henry is a really close friend and Logan's just Logan. I don't know how to bring up the topic without looking like an idiot if I was wrong. I sighed and decided to let it go.

"Ok, I'm ready," I told him.

When we got to the drive-thru window, Henry had insisted to pay for my breakfast, to much of my protest.

"Thanks," I said, after getting my grilled cheese.

"No problem," he said.

We were eating our food while on the way to school. It probably wasn't the most smartest thing thing to do, because we almost hit another car, but what can you do? We were in a hurry. There should be a law against eating and driving or something similar to the cell phone law here in California, but with food.

We pulled into the school parking lot, with five minutes before the first bell rang. We finished our food in the car. After my grilled cheese was gone, I hopped out of the car. I wanted to get to physiology early so I could get a tiny bit of studying in.

"I'm going to go," I told Henry. "I want to get a tiny bit of last minute studying in before the final.

"Oh, ok," he said.

It sounded like he wanted to say something more, but he was hesitant. I shrugged off the thought and wrote it off as me being over-analytical again. I closed the passenger door and started to make my way to class. I heard Henry call my name and I turned around.

"Did you say something?" I asked him.

"Uh, I wanted to know if you want to get some dinner with me tonight," he said. "Celebrate getting the first day of finals over with."

"Sure," I said, shrugging. I didn't even have to think twice about it. Except.. Did he mean it as friends or something more?

7 comments:

mum said...

HE MEANS AS SOMETHING MORE! Can you hear me Court?? It's so funny how outsiders can see something plain as day, but those involved can't see the nose on their faces. And yes, I know this is fiction! haha..mum

Anonymous said...

Go Henry!!! So excited to hear what happens next!

Stephanie said...

They are both dancing around it but it's there plain as day. Henry has got to make his move, because as it stands now both look like they are afraid that they will look like idiots if they are wrong.

Anonymous said...

I Hope Court is not pregnant, that nausea it's kind of suspicious.

Jayjay0jt said...

mum, I love how excited you're getting over Court & Henry. It's so true that other people can see something between two people and they're just oblivious.

Leilani- Beautiful name, btw! You don't have to wait long to see what happens :)

Stephanie- It's plain to us, but maybe not to her. LOL. or him.

Anonymous- Yes, it's kind of suspicious, but then again, it could be nerves over finals. Good eye!

Alicia said...

I definitely agree with Mum! I am really going to need her to listen to us and NOT MESS UP, because Henry is my favorite person on this blog!

I hope Court really is nervous and not pregnant!

Great post!

Jayjay0jt said...

Alcia- Team Henry! :)

We'll see, this is a nerve racking time for Court.

I'm glad you enjoyed the post. :)