BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Oh No

I sat down on the couch next to Adam, waiting for him to respond to my question. He looked like he really needed someone to talk to. But, right now, he was just sitting there, staring into space as if trying to think of what to say. We sat in silence. I didn't want to push him. I wanted him to talk to me when he was ready.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked him, sweetly. I was a little bit nervous and sort of freaking out. "I have some root beer if you like some root beer. I think I have some orange juice or something. Or water! I have some water! I could make you some tea to help calm you down. I think I'll make you some tea." I ran into the kitchen, without waiting for his answer, and started to make Adam a cup of tea.

I didn't know what to do when these kind of situations come up. The few times that it happened, I would get him a drink (and chocolate) and then we'll sit and we'll talk about what's going on.

I finished making the tea and I plated some chocolate chip cookies before bringing in the feast. Well, I fixed two glasses of milk to go along with the cookies.

"Thanks, Court," he said, when he grabbed a cookie.

"No problem, Adam," I told him, smiling. "You know I'm here for you. Whenever you're ready, we can talk." He took a bite out of his cookie.

"I really liked her," he whispered. "I can't believe she broke up with me." I patted his arm.

"It'll be ok, Adam," I told him, taking a sip of milk. "What happened?"

"We were at my house," he said. He paused for a second. "Your birthday's coming up, so I was looking online for some gifts. Zoey saw one of the things that I was looking at and demanded to know who it was for."

"Why would she assume that it's for someone else and not for her?" I wondered aloud. "My birthday's not until next month. Oh, sorry, go on."

"Well, it wasn't her style," he explained. "I had mumbled your name and she went crazy. She was screaming at me, completely screaming in my face. She had accused me of cheating on her with you and that I was in love with you-" I looked at him.

"You're not, right?" I asked him, with an eyebrow raised.

"No!" he exclaimed. "I used to be. Well, I'll always love you, but I'm not in love with you."

"Ok, good," I said. I just left it like that, I wanted to get off the subject. Honestly, I don't even know why I asked. "What else did Zoey say?"

"She called you a couple of names and she threw my alarm clock at me," he said, with a sad look on his face. "It's a good thing that she has really bad aim. But, she told me that we were over. I tried to stop her. I tried to tell her that none of the things she said was true. I tried to stop her from leaving. She wouldn't listen." He had started crying again. I hated seeing him so sad.

"There, there," I said, patting him on the back. "I'm sure that once she calms down and you talk to her, that everything will be ok."

"No, I don't think so," he said, blowing his nose in a tissue I handed to him.

"She quit her job to be with you," I told him. "When we used to be friends, she abosolutely liked you. A lot. I don't think that the two of you are going to break up that easily. Just talk to her in a couple of days."

My stomach felt really weird and started to make weird noises. Then, I got the feeling that I was going to throw up. I ran to the bathroom.

When I came out 5 minutes later, I found Adam standing in the hallway.

"Are you ok?" he asked me. I nodded.

"I think it was the milk," I said, groaning. Adam nodded, frowning.

"Good thing I didn't have any," he said. I smiled at him and followed him back into the living room.

Inside, I wasn't so sure that it was the milk. I had been feeling nauseous on and off. I was a couple of days late for my period, which was a little unusual. I never had a late period since I got on birth control. I gulped.

Could I be pregnant?

4 comments:

mum said...

Oh, No, is right! Especially if there is a question of paternity! But, I think she was with Adam too long ago for it to be his. Would have to be Logan's, right? Probably just a false alarm. Mom's been too busy with the boy toy to do the shopping and the milk was close to spoiling. There, that's it. I'm not going to worry anymore. mum

Stephanie said...

Yeah I am pretty sure it wasn't the milk. If Courtney IS pregnant it would almost have to be Logan's or maybe even Taylor's. Neither prospect is appealing. Hopefully it's a false alarm though.

And well I can see Zoey is insecure in her relationship with Adam. Understandable considering Courtney and Adam's past. But if that is how she reacts everytime Courtney's name gets brought up Adam might be better off without her. She's kind of nuts.

azulkrema said...

ooooooh nooo.......if she is pregnant i got a feeling its logan's....:/ not good....would it be too much to hope its Adam's???

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Yes, Adam was a loong loong time ago, it would have to be Logan's baby. I love how you're thinking positively. BUT! Courtney lives with her dad now, not with her mom.

Stephanie- Taylor was a couple of months ago, so it wouldn't be Taylor's, if she was pregnant, that is.

Yes, Zoey seems a little bit unstable. I mean, she did quit her job (that she's had for a looong time) for a guy that she liked and barely knew. SO, she's kind of off her rocket.. just a little bit.

Azulkrema- Oh boy, you're really an Adam fan. LOL. But, like I said to Mum, she was with Adam a long time ago and it couldn't be his baby if she was pregnant. I'm sorry to disapoint you. :(