BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Fast-Talking Friday

Hey, guys!

How's your week been?

So, I'm talking about CT in this post. You can ignore it if you don't want to hear me ramble or you can post a comment if you have a traveling story involving your spouse/boyfriend/family/or just yourself. =]

My internet connection is still off and on, but we'll see.

First, I'd like to apologize again about Wednesday's post being late. That was completely an accident and a mistake on my part. I wasn't careful looking at what time the post was scheduled for. So, I would like to apologize for that again.

So, Connecticut! I'm in a small town, which is about an hour away from the Hartford airport and the Providence airport. There's lots of trees here, which is super odd for me because I'm a city girl. I see empty land, but not land covered in trees in every single direction you go.

We've gone to Boston's Chinatown(by "we", I mean, my uncle, aunt, baby cousin [so adorable at a little bit over 5 months], and my grandma), which was a little disappointing to me. One, because San Francisco's Chinatown is way better. Two, it was basically a couple streets that was boring compared to other Chinatowns. Three, we ate at a really bad Vietnamese restaurant there that most likely gave me food poisoning (I was sick to my stomach for about two days). It wasn't a fun experience, but a great experience at that.

We went to the mall on another day, which is always fun. But the best day was the outlets. I got to buy things like a pair of really badly needed jeans (I didn't pack enough clothes), which I got to pay for.. with my own money...

My family is super weird. They will not let me spend any money. I wanted to treat them out to ONE.. I repeat.. ONE meal.. and they WILL NOT let me do it. I'm over here for two weeks living in their house and they're taking time off work to be with me. *sigh* "You're a student" blah blah blah. The thing is.. I'm almost independent at home. I don't pay for rent or utilities, but I do pay for my food, gas, personal spending, and my tuition/books for school. I'm not used to people paying for my stuff.

And my grandma! OMG. She will not quit! I tell her I'm full and she will not keep pushing food on my plate. They eat about 3 times as much as me (I eat quite little actually) and I'm on my wits end with all the nagging. She is about 3 times worse than my mother. With that said, I love my grandma because she does it out of love. But I'm not used to being babied and it's getting on my nerves. I find myself thinking "what the heck was I thinking? two weeks? why? I was only going to do one week!"

I keep getting stuck in the middle between my grandma and my aunt (because my aunt married into the family). And my uncle and my aunt.. *sigh* Not looking forward to married life.. or babies when they're cranky.

But I got to go to NY to see my grandpa! I love my grandpa because he's very independent too. Highlight of this week. :)

I still have a couple of days left and will return on Monday night. I can't wait. I miss California, the sun, and my room.

Now, after all that (mostly ranting) about CT, we can move onto blogs. Which blogs do you want to talk about? =]

Alicia's blog.. OMG. I'm loving it. You can't even tell that there's ever been writer's block! Seriously!

I love Erin's new blog, Chapters! Seriously well written! :) I'm loving how the story is building and building.

Sometimes.. I'm in love with the blog.. it's more of a novel. But still an excellent read. I'm kind of like.. finally! right now. I don't want to spoil the story for those who haven't read it yet. :)

My brain isn't really functioning right now because that's all the blogs I can think of on the top of my head. So, if I missed something, which I probably did, let me know!

Have an awesome Friday!

Again, I'm really sorry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, two weeks of forced family fun time seems like a lot! lol Glad you're making the most of it! :)

Also, you need to give yourself a break over the delayed post! You are the most consistent blogger around! :) We people that read your story for FREE are pretty forgiving, I'd guess. :)

I'm also really enjoying the Sometimes blog. Also, Karen Chronicles and Chapters are well written. Oh! And the Not So Outrageous blog is getting good,too! Happy to have yours and the other blogs to read, because it seem that many of them are dropping lik flies.

mamamia

Jayjay0jt said...

Actually, it was voluntary at the time I booked the ticket. LOL. Half regretting it, but I'm going to focus on the positive.

I would love to give myself a break, but I know myself and if I do, I'll start to slack. And I like the reputation of being one of the most consistent blogger around, I'd like to keep that reputation! :)

Didn't Erin say that she was going for a book deal? I really hope that she gets it for either blogs or both!

Do you have any blogs to recommend? I really feel like I lost half of my blog list. I really hope that Laura comes back soon! I miss her blog the most!

I'm glad you like reading the blog, I never thought I'd actually have people to read it. =]

Have a great rest of the weekend, mamamia! :)