BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Ridin' Solo

Henry and I are taking things slowly, very slowly. We weren't even official yet and no one knew about our secret relationship (except for Brittany). It was kind of fun being all secretive and hiding what we were doing from Adam, Justin, Haylie, and Sarah. It wasn't that hard, we weren't really doing anything- unless you count watching a movie at his house on our day off this weekend as something.

Like, today, we were at my house, giving my cat a bath before watching a movie. Giving a cat a bath is harder than trying to get out of a speeding ticket. Not to state the obvious, but, cats hate water. They'll drink it like there's no tomorrow, but once they hear that faucet going, they think the water's going to kill them or something. I love my cat to death, but seriously, giving her a bath is my least favorite thing. Henry is such a sweetheart for volunteering to hold her, so she wouldn't squirm away, while I gave her the bath. I didn't even care that it was supposed to be Brittany's turn to give her a bath.

"Thank you so much for helping me give her a bath," I said, while trying to try off my little girl. She was squirming in my arms and I kissed her on the head and let her do her thing. "I know that you didn't have to help me. It's not part of your job description." I wasn't funny. I should try to stop trying to be. I laughed nervously. It was weird being nervous around Henry.

"You're welcome, anything for you," Henry said, pulling me in his arms and kissed me on the forehead. All of a sudden, I wasn't nervous anymore.

I smiled as I watched my cat try to dry herself off unsuccessfully. Brittany and I never really named her and we can't really call her "kitty" anymore. I had resorted to calling her "my little girl" or "baby".

"What do you want to do now?" Henry asked me, interrupting my thoughts about getting another cat for my baby.

"I don't know," I said, shrugging. "Do you want to watch that movie you brought over?" Henry had brought over this movie called Avatar. I don't know if it's any good, but supposedly, everyone went to see it while it was in theaters. I wasn't particularly excited to see the movie, but Henry really wanted to watch it, so.. whatever.

"Yes!" he said, excitedly. Apparently, he really loved this movie. I was happy that he wanted to share it with me.

We went downstairs, into the living room, and he popped the movie in while I made the popcorn. The microwave beeped right when I got done pouring the root beers. The popcorn smelled so good! Extra buttered popcorn was my favorite. It was a good thing that Henry loved the stuff too. I brought in the popcorn and the drinks and saw that Henry had the movie paused in the beginning. I set everything down and cuddled up next to him.

"Ok, you can press play now," I said, smiling.

Henry pressed play and put an arm around me. I had almost fallen asleep (not because the movie was boring, but because I was so comfortable in Henry's arms), but I was startled by the sound of my doorbell ringing. I fell off the couch.

"Are you ok?" Henry asked me, concerned. I nodded.

"I'm fine, the doorbell scared me," I said, rubbing my knee. I hit it on the coffee table. I walked slowly to the door. I was surprised to see Adam when I looked through my peephole. When I had opened the door, I saw that he had been crying (which I had seen happen once or twice in all the time I've known him).

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him. "Are you ok?"

"Zoey just broke up with me," he said, with a whimper in his voice. "Can I talk to you?" I nodded.

"Sure, come on in, Adam," I said, moving out of the way. He went in and stopped when he saw Henry sitting in the living room eating his popcorn.

"Are you busy?" Adam asked, with a hint of sadness in his voice. "I could come back later if you're busy."

"No, she's not busy," Henry said, after taking one look on Adam's face. He knew as well as I did that this was serious. "I was just leaving." He got up.

"Thanks, man," Adam said. "I just really have to talk to Court."

"No problem," Henry said, patting him on the back.

"I'll walk you out," I offered.

"No," Henry said, shaking his head. "You take care of Adam. I'll talk to you later." I let him out.

"So, what happened?" I asked Adam.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I DON'T LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING!!! there i had to get that out of my system..great post btw

Stephanie said...

Well I guess it's a good thing they are taking it slow. Don't know about them keeping it a secret though, it may be exciting at first but it makes it feel like what they are doing something "wrong".

Wonder what happened with Adam and Zoey. Guess we'll find out soon enough :)

mum said...

Oh, please no pity sex. Don't offer him a drink to calm him down. Could be a recipe for disaster. Love how Henry, always the gentleman, assessed the situation and let Court be the friend Adam needs. Hope that's all that happens!! mum

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia- I have no idea what you're talking about. LOL. Thank you for the compliment though. =]

Stephanie- I think that one of the reason why they're keeping it a secret was because of Sarah's reaction when the group was joking about how it would the end of the world before the two of them get together (or something along those lines).

We'll find out soon enough! :D

Mum- I dunno. We'll see.

Henry does seem like one of the normal ones in the blog. Fingers crossed for Team Henry. =]

azulkrema said...

im still team Adam although Henry is putting up quite a fight on my list of teams :)

Jayjay0jt said...

azulkrema- I'm glad Henry is growing on you! It looks like Courtney has a lot of guys to choose from. :D