BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clear

I didn't know what to do after the fight. I tried to find him, but I couldn't. He was no where to be seen. Where was he? Did he leave because of Taylor and Logan? Was he mad at me? What's wrong? Was it my fault? I couldn't find him in the crowd of graduates and ended up giving up trying. Oh well. I"ll talk to him whenever we're both free later.

I had found Brittany, who was with all of my family members. I wasn't looking forward to the dinner tonight. But, it turns out that, for once, my family was acting normal for once and we had avoided another war. We had the usual bickering, there was a comment or two about how my mom sucks for leaving my dad for Joe, and the little cousins spilled drinks on the carpet. It was interesting.

I wasn't sure if the good behavior stemmed from there being other families there, who were trying to enjoy dinner as well. Actually, I'm not sure anymore. My family never let something, like other families, distract them from our family drama and usually throws our problems out there for other people to see. I know, right? You can't choose your family.

The most surprising thing about dinner was that Taylor tried to join us. Luckily, Justin knew what was going on and prevented him from stepping foot into my house. Honestly, I think that if Taylor had found a way into my house, he would have been successful in worming his way back into my life.

I sighed. I really wish that he'd leave me alone.

Back to present day!

I tried called Henry this morning, but there was no answer. I assumed that he saw, from the caller ID, that it was me and completely ignore the call and let it go to voicemail. I sighed. At least, I'll see him at work today and if it's slow, then we can talk about what's wrong. I thought.

When I got into work, I didn't see Henry. The only person who was in the store was Cody. I gave him a slight wave to let him know that I was here and punched in. I started to work on one of our display wall. I think I had worked for about half an hour before Henry had walked in, relieving Cody from work. He quickly punched in and was working on the re-folding the jean wall, which was on the opposite side of the store from where I was, which was kind of awkward since we were the only two in the store.

I felt like I was a crazy stalker or I had a disease or something. I didn't like being ignored for no particular reason (ok, so there might be a reason. but still! I didn't like being ignored).

After I had finished with the display wall, changing the clothes on the half- bodied mannequins, I headed over to where Henry was. I, bravely, got a pair of jeans and was helping him with the wall.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked him, softly.

"I'm not," he said, defensively. I shot him a look. "Ok, I am." I sighed.

"Why?" I asked again, trying to keep the hurt out of my voice. "I don't really understand."

"You and Logan," he said, not looking at me. In somewhat of a mumble, he added, "How long have you guys been, you know?"

"Since prom," I told him.

"Why?" he asked me, hesitantly. I put down the pair of jeans I had in my hands and thought for a bit.

"I don't know," I admitted. "I guess, I was lonely. I saw that you had The Grinder all over you and everyone else had a date to prom. I don't know. I guess.. I did what I did because I was lonely. I wanted someone to be with and Logan just happened to be there at the right place at the right time. It doesn't mean anything, though. I don't want to get back together with him. I don't want a relationship with him."

"Oh," was all he said.

"I promise you, nothing happened between me and Logan from the time that you and I kissed until now," I told him. "I'm not sure how you feel about me.. us.. right now. If there even is an us. But, just let me know so we're on the same page. What are you thinking?" He nodded, as if taking in everything that I had said.

"I like you, Court," he said, with a half smile. "I do. I'm glad you explained everything and we had this chance to talk. This may sound weird, but I'm not sure how to proceed with our relationship. I don't want to ruin our friendship while pursuing a relationship with you. I don't know if I can compete with two other guys for your attention-"

"You're not competing with anyone," I cut him off. "I want to be with you."

Before he could say anything else, I kissed him.

4 comments:

mum said...

Good girl, Court. Way to take control of the situation and let him know exactly where you are coming from. Taylor has amazing nerve! Glad he didn't get in the house. Don't think we've heard the last of him, though. mum

Stephanie said...

Way to take the initiative. And i agree with Mum, if anyone is crazy stalker it's Taylor. Showing up at graduation and the house? About time for him to show up at work and try to worm his way back in.

Alicia said...

Taylor is a crazy stalker, and Logan isn't doing much better either. I'm glad Court decided to kiss Henry, i hope this goes okay

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- It's a good thing that Courtney took the initiative or else, who knows what would have happened with Henry.

Stephanie- LOL. I didn't read your comment before writing the response to Mum.

Alicia- Yes, hopefully, everything is fine now :)