BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Going Out (Part I)

Henry was picking me up for the dinner at six. I didn't know where we were going and I had such a hard time deciding on what to wear. I didn't want to get all dressed up and find out that it wasn't a date and look like a completely idiot. But then.. I also didn't want to be too under-dressed in case we WERE on a date and he WAS taking me somewhere nice. I really hate the situation I'm in. I'm so confused, I'm getting a headache.

Brittany was in my room, going through my closet, trying to find something that was perfectly in the middle of those two extremes. I was near ready to give up and just not go to dinner. It was too much stress.

"How about this?" she asked me, pulling out a black miniskirt.

"That's definitely for a date," I told her. I pulled out a T-shirt. "Can I wear this?"

"No, that's too casual," she said, throwing the T-shirt onto my bed.

"Can I just go naked?" I groaned. "It'd be so much easier." Brittany laughed.

"Then he'll definitely think it was a date," she said, giggling. I laughed. My phone vibrated. I took it out of my purse and saw that I had a call from Logan.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he said. "I'm a little lonely over here, do you want to come over?"

"I can't, Logan," I told him. I'd have to admit, I was a little bit sad that I couldn't go over to Logan's. He was really good company. "I'm going out to dinner."

"Who are you going out with?" he asked, with a suspicious tone. I decided to ignore it.

"Henry," I said, nonchalantly.

"Is it a date?" he asked, curiously.

"No, it's not," I told him. I rolled my eyes. Brittany tried not to giggle. "I've got to go, I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, bye," Logan said with a little sadness in his voice. I hung up and went back to choosing what to wear.

I ended up choosing a nice halter top and a skirt. It looked like something I would wear to school. Brittany convinced me that I shouldn't look like I was on a date, just because it was Henry and we're friends. This is just two friends going out to dinner together.

Henry picked me up right on time. We ended up going to our usual burger joint. Brittany was right. Thank goodness that I didn't get all dressed up. I almost let out a sigh of relief. We went in and sat in our usual booth. The waitress, who once thought that Henry and I were a couple, greeted us and asked what we wanted to order.

"I'll have a cheeseburger," I told her, not even looking at the menu. "Oh! Some fries, too, please. And a diet soda."

"I'll have the same thing, but with a regular," he told the waitress. The waitress left to go put in our orders. "You look nice."

"Thanks," I said, blushing.

My phone rang and I looked at Henry, apologetically.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, can you come over after dinner?" Logan asked me.

Oh jeez, I can't believe that Logan's interrupting my dinner just to ask me to come over.

"No, I can't," I told him. "I'm sorry. I'm busy right now. Seriously, I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, have fun on your date," he said. He hung up on me.

"Logan?" Henry asked.

"Logan," I said, nodding.

3 comments:

mum said...

Yeah, Logan's lonely...and he was making a booty call. He didn't just want "company". Glad Court chose not to go. mum

Stephanie said...

Looks like Logan is a bit jealous. But Courtney shouldn't put her life on hold because he wants a booty call. And I can't wait to see what else happens on her and Henry's night out.

Jayjay0jt said...

I want to apologize for the next post being late.. I checked on here and realized that it didn't post. So, I really want to apologize.

Mum- Yes, we'd much rather see Courtney on her "date" with Henry.

Stephanie- He is a little bit jealous. Courtney wanted to go though. LOL. I'm sorry that the next post was late.