BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Half Crazy

It was a little bit over a week later when I had officially gotten myself moved into my dad's place. I didn't know how well our cat would handle the move, but it seems like she enjoys the new house better. Henry was on his way over today to pick me up for work. I was extremely excited! It's his first day at work! Hopefully, when he gets here that things were not as awkward as the last time I talked to him. The conversation went a little like this:

"Your mom called after prom wondering where you were," he told me. "You didn't answer any of my calls. Where were you?"

"With Logan," I said, sheepishly. I knew that Henry wasn't a really big fan of Logan. In fact, everyone, including Haylie, had their qualms about him. Henry raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? What did you do?" he asked, curiously.

"Nothing much, just ate at a diner and went to the beach," I said, shrugging.

"And?" he asked, elongating the word as if he knew something else had happened.

"I was with Logan," I said, with an emphasis on the word with.

"Oh, I see," he said.

Then there was an extremely awkward silence until I suggested that we go out and grab some lunch. I laughed at the memory. When I heard a honk, I went downstairs.

"Hey, Henry," I greeted him, while getting into his car.

"Hey," he said, smiling.

For the entire car ride, we were refrained from talking. Instead, we were singing (me, badly) along to "Airplane" and "Forever Young" when the songs came onto the radio. I got a couple of stares while I was dancing to the music in the car.

Henry and I were busy chatting when we walked into the store. We were interrupted with Haylie practically jumping into Henry's arms, giving him a hug. I rolled my eyes.

"Henry! I'm so glad to see you!" she said in a sickeningly sweet voice and batting her eyelashes at him. "It's going to be so great with the three of working here, right Courtney?" I gave her a slight nod.

After Henry and I both clocked in, I was showing him how to use the register with Haylie hovering nearby to eavesdrop on our conversation. Jasmine came out of her office to check up on us.

"Haylie, can you go do inventory in the stockroom?" Jasmine asked her. I could tell that Haylie didn't want to leave the two of us alone in the store and she grudgingly went into the stockroom. "Good job, Courtney, keep up the good work." She smiled at me and went back into her office.

"I thought Haylie was going to hover over us the whole night," I told him, sighing. "I think she likes you."

"She's with Luke," Henry said. "It doesn't mean anything. She's just jealous."

"Jealous of what?" I asked him.

"She's always been jealous of you, Court," Henry told me.

"No way," I said, softly.

"She took Logan because she was jealous that she couldn't have that relationship when she was with Steve," he said. "She faked a pregnancy so she and Logan could get married and have a happy family so she could, in theory, 'one up' you."

"Ok," was all I could muster.

No one was THAT crazy, right?

***
Please make sure to vote in the posting schedule poll! I would really like to get an accurate representation of what everyone wants. :) Also, if you voted "Other" in the Favorite TV show poll, I'm curious to know what show did I leave off the poll? If you could comment on what was the "Other" show, that would be great! Voting closes on Wednesday at 11pm pacific time! Thanks for the feedback! :) -J'et ***

14 comments:

mum said...

I hope Henry and Courtney revisit their earlier conversation. He was asking about Logan, she can then ask about the grinder! mum

~Yv said...

Bones and NCIS!!! all the way =D

Jayjay0jt said...

I heard that Bones was REALLY REALLY good! I haven't gotten around to watching it though because I really think that you'd have to start at the very beginning and that goes for NCIS too.

What season are they both on? I'm scared that they're on the 10th season or something. haha.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum, how weird! Your comment didn't show up here, but it says there's 3 comments on this post.

I'm sure Henry and Courtney's conversation will come up again sooner or later. :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah Henry and Courtney kind of dropped the conver there. She was with Logan sure, but it isn't going down the dating road again. And yeah I wonder about grinder.

And I do like Bones and NCIS. But my favorites are Criminal Minds, Cold Case, the Big Bang Theory (LOVE Sheldon) and Legend of the Seeker. No one ever knows what I'm talking about when I bring up the Seeker though lol.

~J said...

My other's were: Criminal Minds, Fringe, True Blood (HBO) and Ghost Whisperer.

Jayjay0jt said...

Stephanie- Don't worry, they'll revisit the conversation soon. :)

I love Big Bang Theory! I think Sheldon just carries the show! And I just love Kaley Cuoco since I saw her in 8 Simple Rules.

I've never heard of the Legend of the Seeker. Add me to the list. :P Is it a new show?

I'm so sad that Cold Case isn't returning next season. It's such a good show. I used to love Without a Trace too and I couldn't believe that it was cancelled.

~J, what is True Blood about? I've heard that it's a good show, but I have no idea what the plot is. Oh, and Fringe! What is Fringe about? I think it's on after House, but I never get to catch House on TV anymore. I definitely need to catch up on TV this summer. :)

~Yv said...

Hi Jay, BONES just finished season 5 and NCIS is currently in season 7. Lol it's a long watch but you will enjoy every minute of it once you start...you will become addicted just like me :D

Stephanie, I like cold case and criminal mind too but they creep me out some times lol. I have seen legend of the seeker a couple of times and I really love that show; I just never remember to watch it lol

~Yv said...

Oh and fringe is the creepiest and most annoying show on TV, no kiddin. it comes on after bones on thursday @ 9pm on FOX...that show irks me!

Jayjay0jt said...

Chioma- Oh boy, I have a long way to go. You know what creeped me out? I don't get creeped out very often, hardly at all, but the CSI: Miami season finale last night gave me the CREEPS!

How is Fringe annoying to you? Is it the characters, the storyline, or the direction? I'm curious. :)

I don't know if anyone watches Community, but I was kind of disappointed at the season finale. It was kind of predictable. But I can't wait to see the direction of next season.

I missed the Bachelorette last night (I didn't even know it was premiering). I love how Ali was like.. "I LOVE JAKE, I LOVE JAKE!" last season and this season she's like.. "I'm going to find me a new man!" This show is my guilty pleasure. :)

~J said...

True Blood is about Vampires, Warewolfs, shapeshifters and other supernatural beings and their human friends. It's definately got adult situations and language, so if sex scenes and profanity aren't your thing, I'd stay clear of that. I don't know if you're an avid reader, but it's based off the books 'The Sookie Stackhouse Series' by Charlaine Harris.

Fringe is well.. kind of hard to explain. It's a little like X-files (from the 90's) if you watched that. In the show, it's about a department of the FBI (with the help of a released psych patient and his son) that investigate weird happenings around the United States. For instance, 1 episode was about a bus full of people that all became mummified within minutes. Another was about a person setting off a bomb at a train station with a device no one can identify.. because the technology isn't from here. I think it's ending it's 3rd season, but if you like supernatural things, you might like it.

Jayjay0jt said...

~J, True Blood sounds amazing. I've always been fond of supernatural beings.

I don't mind the sex scenes and language, but I'm glad that you put a disclaimer there for anyone else who might want to check it out. =]

I didn't know that it was based off a book. I don't remember when was the last time I had time to read. To me, books are often times better than the movies or the TV shows. Oh, I remember how the Harry Potter movies used to disappoint me. Gossip Girl has screaming like a crazy person: "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOK!"

I think I might have to skip the book and go straight for the TV show just out of previous experience. haha.

I got the chills reading your description of Fridge. It sounds incredibly different than anything else they have on TV. I'm definitely going to check that out this summer. :)

~J said...

Blockbuster has the 1st season (if not the 2nd too) that you can rent for Fringe. (oh and I think it's on Hulu.com, too) You definately have to watch that to figure out why the characters act the way they do (like the psych patient and his son). The son, Peter, is played by Joshua Jackson. I didn't like him in other things I saw him in, such as Dawson's Creek, but I really like him in this. Walter is the dad (and the released psych patient). He's so freakin funny! (he's got this mad scientist thing going on) It may be hard to understand what's going on now in the show if you don't watch the 1st (and probably 2nd) season.

Now.. True Blood. Yea.. it's definately not like the books. I read the books 1st, then saw the show and was like WTF?? That SOOO didn't happen like that! lol But, I still enjoy the show. Anna Paquin (the girl from X-Men and other shows) plays the lead human chick who gets involved with the supernatural guys, she herself, has a 'supernatural' feature of her own, and doesn't know why. Unlike Fringe, True Blood is only a summer show and the 3rd season starts in June. Check them out.. let me know what you think. :)

Jayjay0jt said...

For Fringe, on Hulu, they only have a couple of episodes on season two. :( I'll go to Blockbuster and get both the first and second season. :)

True Blood sounds great! I think I'll definitely check it out. I"m gong to see if Hulu has it. :D