BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Break It To Him Gently

My mind raced with a million thoughts. I was getting off of work in a little bit, should I go get coffee with Taylor like I promised him? It wouldn't hurt, right? But do I really want to put myself in that position? It would look pretty bad if anyone saw Taylor and I having coffee together. What would that do to Henry? I wouldn't want him to go have coffee with another girl. Decisions, decisions! For the record, I'm not loving this whole being an adult thing.

"Court?" Taylor said, waving his hand in my face in an attempt to try to get my attention. "If you're busy, I can always come back later."

"Um, yeah," I said to him. "I'm not sure if that would be a good idea, Taylor."

He looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. He knew that I was a sucker for his puppy dog eyes. I could tell that he was going to try to pull me into his spell.

"Why would it be a bad idea, Court?" he asked me with a smile. "Are you scared that you might still have feelings for me like I have feelings for you?"

I fought the urge to laugh in his face. He was delusional if he thought that I was even interested in him after all that stuff with Farrah. I have Henry now and he's a million times better than Taylor. Henry is surprisingly more mature and understanding than Taylor is. I think that proves that age doesn't determine maturity.

"No, of course not," I scoffed. I bit my lip.

"Well, then what's the problem?" he asked me.

"I'm not sure if my boyfriend would appreciate me going out and having a cup of coffee with my ex-boyfriend," I said to him.

I put my hand over my mouth. I didn't mean to let that slip out.

I saw the color drain from his face and he stared at me as if he couldn't comprehend what I just said.

"Did you just say what I thought you said?" he asked me. "You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, for awhile now," I said to him.

I felt awful breaking the news to him like that, he looked completely heartbroken and defeated.

"Well, I guess, I should stop bothering you then," he said, sadly. "Would it be weird if I asked if I know who it is?"

"Not really?" I said, uncertainly.

I didn't care if Taylor knew who it was. It wasn't a secret anymore. Well, we still have to tell Adam, but he's too busy trying to eat Zoey's face. Speaking of Zoey, she no longer hates me as a person and we're trying to become friends again. Sorry, total sidetrack moment.

"I'm seeing Henry," I said after a moment of silence.

To my surprise, Taylor started laughing. Really loudly and uncontrollably. I was getting stares from Megan and Cody. That's how loud Taylor's laughing was.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, annoyed.

"I would have never expected that," he said to me. He smiled. "Well, I feel better now."

"Great," I said, sarcastically.

"Call me when the two of you break up," Taylor said with a grin. "We'll get coffee."

With that, he left the store, leaving me fuming... and wondering why people don't expect for me and Henry to be a couple.

I decided not to worry about it, besides.. Taylor doesn't know anything about Henry.

All I know is.. I was getting tired of Taylor's presence in my life.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Taylor is a looser and I wouldn't take anything he says into account. He had Courtney but chose Farrah and all kinds of flip flopping. He can take his coffee and shove it.

Alicia said...

Everything Stephanie said, I agree with.