BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sound of San Francisco

After we closed the door and left Justin alone to talk with Sarah, Henry and I had decided to get something to eat. It was more for me than him, because I had left the burger he had brought me inside Justin's hotel room. Supposedly, it was a really good burger. I'm saddened by the fact that I won't be able to enjoy it.

We took the elevator down to the lobby (not until after we enjoyed the view of the city from the window at the end of the hallway). I told the front desk of the hotel to let Justin know that we were going to be back later, at night, because we were going to explore the city (and find a hotel room for ourselves) a bit before returning to Justin's.

Since we weren't really familiar with the streets of San Francisco, we had gotten ourselves lost. Somehow, and don't ask me how, we had ended up in Chinatown. It was insanely crowded there (no surprise, really) and we couldn't find a space to park on the street.

We ended up parking in the parking garage we had found, it was underground this cute little playground where a lot of little kids are playing. It was pretty adorable sight to see when we got off the elevator. Henry took my hand in his and we headed off into the unfamiliar territory of Chinatown.

It's not really unfamiliar in the sense that I haven't been there, it's just that most everything is written in Chinese or has something written in Chinese and that throws me for a loop. Also, the people that speak Chinese throw me for a loop too. I was so lost in my train of thought that I had almost ran into another person. I should really start paying attention to where I was walking.

We ended up in a really tiny alleyway and I was starting to get the creeps. That is, until I started to smell this wonderful aroma coming from this store. I don't know if I could call it a store. I looked up at the sign, it read: Golden Gate Fortune Cookies. I thought it was a really original name.

We walked inside and it was really crowded. I was confused as to what this place was. It looked like a factory! This really nice Chinese man held out a bin of what looked to be unfolded fortune cookies. He explained that this was a place where you could see the fortune cookies being made. It was really cool to see how fast the woman was folding the cookies that were coming off the machine.

"Do you two want a picture?" he asked us. Apparently, they were charging a small fee for a picture. "Cute couple!"

"What do you say, honey?" I asked him. "Do you want to talk a picture?"

"Sure, why not?" Henry said, shrugging.

We posed for a picture. It ended up looking really nice, with the lady who was folding the fortune cookies in the background. Funny enough, it was the first picture taken of us as an official couple.

I knew that it was a tourist place, but I couldn't help but fall in love with it. We ended up buying a bag of the non-folded fortune cookies, along with the picture. My stomach started growling, signaling that it was time to eat.

I was surprised to find a sushi restaurant in Chinatown. Since my stomach was not being cooperative, we ended up eating there. One chicken terriaki bento box and a full stomach later, we were merrily on our way back to Justin's hotel.

"Court?" Henry asked me while I was driving.

"Yeah, sweetie?" I asked him.

"How do you feel about staying at Justin's hotel?" he asked me. "It'd be easier so we wouldn't have to search for another one."

"Sure thing," I said to him.

We booked a room at Justin's hotel. Before we headed up to the 5th floor, we stopped by Justin's room and knocked on his door. We didn't get an answer and assumed that he was at the bar again, trying to pick up another girl. Henry looked at me and I shrugged.

We went to the fifth floor with our things and settled in. While Henry took a shower, I asked the front desk to call Justin's room. The phone rang a couple of times, but there was no answer. I hung up and sighed.

Hopefully, tomorrow, Justin can let us know what was going on. I was extremely exhausted and needed to sleep, for now.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Doesn't Justin still have Henry's phone?

mum said...

That's what I was thinking. Maybe he hopped a plane to NY to try to get Sarah back. mum

sweetpea said...

I agree mum. I think he is headed to NY. Can't wait to find out!

Stephanie said...

I would keep an eye on Justin. Maybe he went to NY but something worse may have happened.