BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Whole New World

Henry and I spent the remainder of our trip to San Francisco just relaxing and enjoying the city. There was nothing really special about the remainder of our stay. The only thing memorable thing we did was go to Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf to people watch. I know it sounds creepy, but I promise, we weren't completely staring at people. We were watching people walk by in their trendy outfits and just complementing them. Ok, that does sound a little creepy.

It was kind of nice to take time away from everything and just relax with Henry. I feel like ever since we got together, there has been a bunch of things that could have ended our relationship if Henry wasn't quite so understanding.

We even had a day where we just stayed in bed and watched movies all day long, like a married couple. It's kind of weird to say that I'm so comfortable with Henry that it seemed that we've been in this relationship longer than it has been. Honestly, it feels like I've been with him for years instead of being with him for a month. We ended up spending our first anniversary here in San Francisco.

****About two weeks later. August 23rd****

I sat in Sarah's room, attempting to pack up all of her things. It was difficult to help her pack up her things when my loyalty was to Justin. Plus, she had a lot of things. I was overwhelmed by the amount of clothes, shoes, jewelry, random trinkets, and crap that she had in her room.

I sat down on her bed and started folding some of her clothes to put into a box to ship over to her apartment in New York. I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

Justin got back from his grandmother's about a week ago. He had stayed a little longer to help her recover and to spend a little extra time with her.

He told Henry and I that he was going to go to not attend University of California: San Diego because it would remind him of the goals that he and Sarah made together. He decided to enroll himself at Beachside Community College.

Honestly, I tried to talk him out of it. I mean, this is college we're talking about. This was really really really important. He can't just give up going to a 4 year college because his girlfriend broke up with him. Justin made up his mind. This was his justification:

"I didn't even want to go to UCSD in the first place," Justin told me. "That was Sarah's choice. That was Sarah's school. I don't even like the place. I wanted to go there because she wanted to go there. Now that she's not going to be there, I really have no business of being there."

Which, I admit was a valid point. So, he's going to be attending Beachside Community College and starting his GE classes there. He enrolled in mostly night classes because they were the only classes that were open. Now, he had to switch to day shifts at work.

Honestly, I felt bad because Justin had to change his whole life for Sarah and now, change it again because of her.

Henry came over to help me pack up Sarah's things. We talked a little bit about college and our future.

"I don't ever want to find us in that position," I told him. "I don't want one of us to compromise for the other and then if something happens, one of us is going to regret that decision."

"That's not going to happen," Henry said. "We're both going to the same school. We have relatively the same schedule. We do a lot of things together." I sighed a little.

"We do," I said to him.

I was a little worried that we were going to get sick of each other and want to take our space when school started.

Henry cleared his throat.

"I didn't want to tell you this because I wasn't sure that I was going to get the job," he said, uncertainly. "But, I got a job offer to work as a paid intern at this company that makes computer software."

"Omg, Henry, that's great!" I exclaimed. "I think that you should take that job!"

"Really?" he asked me. "I think I should too, I really think that this is a good opportunity for me to learn a lot from the company. I've been getting sick of the customers at Bella. I really love working with you though."

"Take the job, Henry," I told him. "You were thinking about heading into one of those fields anyways. Do it and see if you like it."

"I think I'm going to take it!" he exclaimed.

I was extremely happy for him. I really hoped that he wasn't going to take this job because we were going to potentially spend too much time together. Maybe I was worrying over nothing and nothing needed to change?

We continued to pack up Sarah's room until late that night, only completing half of her stuff. As I was getting into Henry's truck, Henry took my arm and held me back. I looked at him confused. He smiled at me and said the magical three words I wanted to hear from him.

"I love you."

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor Justin just can't catch a break. But at least it looks like he is taking charge of his life and coping well.

Henry and Courtney are so cute.

julia said...

That doesn't sound creepy to me. I love people watching. It's a good way to pass the time.