BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Easily Bruised

***Hey guys! I think we're still going to be on this funky schedule until the end of this month and then we'll be back on the normal schedule. I know the posting schedule has been a little weird, but please bare with me. I'm trying to catch up on the posts I missed and put up the posts that are supposed to be scheduled up. It's pretty interesting to try and balance it. Also, writer's block isn't helping. I just wanted to let you guys know and hope that you understand! Thanks! - J'et ***

I let out a sigh of relief. Justin is safe. Henry knows where Justin is. Henry's smiling which meant that Justin is safe and isn't dead, in the hospital, or hurt in any way. Except for the obvious. I thought.

"Where? Where is he?" I asked Henry, eagerly. I smiled. "Where? Where? Where?" I couldn't help but bounce around excitedly, awaiting the news.

"He's in this one city," he said to me. "It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure where it is." I looked at him confused.

"Really?" I asked him. "What city?"

"Some small town called Morgan Hill," he said, shrugging. "I think we passed by it on the way up here."

"Yeah, I think I saw that," I said to him. "I think it's by Gilroy. You know, that city with all the garlic festivals?"

"I think you're right," he said, nodding. "We passed by a lot of cities on our way up here. I'm not sure."

"What's he doing there?" I asked him, confused. As far as I knew, I didn't think that any of Justin's relatives lived in what was it? Morgan Hill? Yeah, I'm pretty much lost here.

"Sarah said something about his grandmother living there," Henry said. "Apparently, he got a call last night saying that she was getting surgery and he wanted to be there for her. According to Sarah, it's not a serious surgery. I think it's surgery for a stye. Justin wanted to be with her after she got back from surgery, so he drove right over there this morning."

"Well, I wish he'd answer the phone so we'd be less worried," I grumbled.

I understood why Justin left, but I was irritated that he couldn't let us know what was going on when we came all the way over to San Francisco to see him- to make sure that he was ok. He couldn't tell us, but he was going to spill the beans to Sarah? The girl who left him for another guy and moved all the way across the country? Really?

Needless to say, I was a little more than irritated, but I'm trying not to sound like I'm being unreasonable in Justin's time of need.

"Well, should we head over to Morgan Hill to see him or no?" I asked Henry. Henry shook his head no.

"I don't think that would be a good idea," Henry said, fiddling with his pen. "He didn't want us to know about his grandmother in the first place, so I don't think he wants us there with him."

"Yeah, that sounds logical," I said to him with a sigh.

"What's wrong, babe?" he asked me, pulling me into a hug. "Is everything ok?"

"I'm just a little irritated at Justin," I said to him. "Why did he say something to Sarah and he didn't say anything to us? It just doesn't make any sense."

"It makes perfect sense, Courtney," he said, kissing my forehead. "He didn't really talk to me or Adam about any of his problems over the years, I'm not sure if he talked to you about his problems, did he?"

"No, not really," I mumbled.

"I'm not surprised," he said. " Sarah has been his go-to person for years. He can't just stop going to her just like that. It's going to be a gradual process before he can quit her cold turkey. "

"You're right, Henry, you're always right," I said, giving him a kiss. "My pride.. I'm just a little hurt."

"I know, Court," he said to me. "How about we go get some lunch and stop by Union Square for a little bit? Get a smoothie? That always cheers you up."

Henry is incredible, always knowing what would cheer me up. I got a phone call from Justin later on that day, letting us know what the situation was and letting us know that we shouldn't worry. He's going to be home in a couple of days. I think Henry and I are going to stay a couple extra days here in San Francisco.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

At least Justin is alright. And I can understand his need to get away and re-group. But he could have at least told them he was going to go away for awhile and that he wasn't anything stupid.