BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Girlfriend?

As Henry started his new job, I was left to fill the position that he had left open. Jasmine and I had interviewed so many people today, still going to interview more people. I'm not sure if anyone was right for the store. It's kind of hard to explain, but.. during the interview process, we had some pretty interesting characters.

There was one person who came in with ripped t-shirt and short shorts for her interview. Really? Did you think that we were going to hire you to work here if you're wearing a ripped t-shirt with your breasts practically hanging out and short shorts? Maybe she thought it was a guy who was going to interview her. That's probably it.

Another person came in completely nervous and started stuttering uncontrollably. I couldn't understand a single word he said. He seemed like a sweet guy and I wanted to hire him, but Jasmine couldn't hire him if he couldn't speak to the customers and have them understand him.

I sighed. I couldn't bare to interview any more people. It was just tedious. Each one was worse than the next, it felt like.

The next guy came in for his interview. I'd have to admit that he was pretty cute. The typical looking California boy- blond hair and striking blue eyes. I wouldn't have minded to work with him in the store. He looked like one of those models from an underwear catalog. He looked picture perfect on paper too- he had lots of retail experience. I was wondering why he was unemployed.

He performed really well in his interview. I think that both Jasmine and I were impressed with all of his experience and his answers during the interview. We would have hired him.. if he wasn't such a creep.

After his interview, I went outside for my break. I sat on a bench and read my magazine. All of a sudden, I saw a shadow and I looked up.

"Hey, Max," I said to him. "Did you forget something?"

"Courtney, right?" he said to me. I nodded. He took a seat next to me on the bench. "I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are and was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me. I'd sure like to show you a good time." It was obvious that he was staring at my chest.

I looked at him, not knowing if he was serious or not. I just interviewed this guy and he was now asking me out on a date?

"I'm sorry, Max, but I have a boyfriend," I told him. "That is something that is wildly inappropriate to ask someone who just interviewed you for a job. I'm sorry, but you will not be getting the job due to your inappropriate behavior. Excuse me."

I got up and went back inside the store to tell Jasmine what happened. She agreed to stand by my decision to not hire him.

"We're never going to find anyone!" I wailed. "How did it get this bad where it's just only me and Cody left?"

"Well, school is starting soon," Jasmine said, shrugging as if that answered my question. I sighed.

We had to replace Henry's spot for sure, maybe hire a couple of other people to help out. But I think that the store is going to be pretty slow right now. Jasmine's nephew, Victor, is going to start working here when September starts. I was really starting to think that we weren't going to find anyone suitable for the store.

Our last interview of the day was for a girl named Megan. She was amazing! There was nothing wrong with her, she seemed really reliable and friendly. I really liked her upbeat personality and her smile. Jasmine really liked her experience (4 years in retail) and the fact that she had glowing recommendations.

After her interview, we sat down and sifted through everyone's applications and we decided to hire Megan. I was thrilled to be able to work with her.

I get to be the one that calls her and tells her that she's got the job!

Excited! I definitely need another girlfriend after Sarah left.

0 comments: