BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sorry, Everyone :(

Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry, but there's not going to be a post today. I have a job interview today and I'm incredibly nervous about it. I haven't worked in almost two years and haven't been interviewed in three. So, I'm a nervous wreck and totally freaking out.

I have friends who are telling me that I'm going to do fine and I'll get the job, but that's causing me even more stress. Because, if I don't, I don't know.. I think I'm completely over-thinking it.

No, I know I'm completely over-thinking it.

The manager called me today and was like.. "Interview tomorrow." That's not enough time to prepare for an interview!

I really need this job because I've been stressing over being a broke college student and needing money for grad school (even though it's 3 or 4 years away) and moving out to another city. Also, money for tuition when I transfer next year.

I'm completely rambling now. But, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry that there's no post today, but I promise there will be a post tomorrow. Since I'm going to count this as a Fast-Talking Friday post. :)

Again, I'm really sorry!

8 comments:

Nic said...

Good luck with the interview. I've got one in an hour and just heard about it yesterday too. And I only had this morning to prepare. I'm also very nervous and think I'll tank. That everyone else is encouraging isn't helping but only raising the nervousness and expectations of the outcome.

When you go into the interview think you're a mercedes instead of the little old beat up car that you feel like. Because that radiates more confidence. And to hell with them if they don't want you.

mum said...

Aww..your nervous rambling was sweet. Best of luck to you, girl! mum

http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/ said...

good luck hun :) hope it works out for you

Alicia said...

Good luck hun, and don't let your nerves psych you out. Just be you and you'll do as great as you can!

~J said...

Good luck with the interview. I won't say 'I'm sure you'll do fine' b/c when ppl say that to me or anything else along those lines, it only makes me more nervous then I start to think that if I don't get the job then I've let others down. So, what I will say is... if you don't get it, just think of the interview as experience. The more you interview, the more comfortable you become.

And just like Nic said, walk in with your head held high. Act confident even if you don't feel that way. And if they don't chose you.. well screw 'em! You'll find something better and something you'll enjoy much more. :)

Jayjay0jt said...

Thanks everyone for your support (and being able to put what I feel into words =])! I'm heading off to my interview now and I'm still nervous, but less nervous. I have to keep thinking Mercedes! :D

Thanks again, everyone! :)

Stephanie said...

Best of luck!

Jayjay0jt said...

Sorry that this update is a little late, I've been running errands all day.

Side note: WHAT KIND OF VET IS CLOSED ON THURSDAYS?!? UGH!!!

The interview went decently. I didn't make a fool out of myself. I probably talked too fast (but I talk fast anyhow). So, they're going to do a background check on me and then we'll see how it goes. :)

Again, thanks everyone for your support! :)