BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Crazy Girl

Today started off like any other day. I woke up bright and early at 7 in the morning. Ok, that part wasn't normal. I just couldn't go back to sleep. After getting up and taking a hot shower, I made myself some breakfast. Since I was up early, I was able to put in an hour of TV watching before I absolutely had to start my to-do list.

I didn't know where to start.. I ended up deciding to wash my car. Yes, cool people wash their cars at 8:30 in the morning. I drove my car to the car wash and had their complementary coffee while I waited for my car to come out of the car wash. They do such a good job here that I'm shocked. I've never seen my car this clean before in my life.

I didn't notice that I had left my phone in my room when I left for the car wash and I came home to a message from Henry. We were planning on going out to dinner tonight to celebrate his new job. I wanted to go somewhere fancy-ish like The Cheesecake Factory as opposed to going to our usual burger joint like Henry wanted.

I went on my voicemail to listen to Henry's message.

"You have one new message. Beep!" the annoying voicemail voice tells me.

"Hey, Court," Henry said on the message. "I have some really good news and some really bad news. I'll start with the bad news first. I'm not going to be able to make it to dinner tonight. But here's the good news! It's because my boss called me and they want me to be working tonight on this big project that they're doing. I'm really sorry, babe, I know that you were really looking forward to having dinner to celebrate my new job. I promise that I'll make it up to you. I have to go get ready and go to work. Bye, babe. Again, I'm really really sorry that I can't make it to dinner."

"End of messages." says the voice.

I sighed. I was really disappointed that we couldn't go to dinner that night, but I completely understand that Henry had to work. I mean, this was just a one-time thing. He's never flaked on me before and I doubt he'll ever flake on me ever again. I wasn't even mad at him because Henry just loves his job.

So, now I have nothing to do later today. I sighed.

"What's with the sad face, sis?" Brittany asked me when she walked into my room.

"Henry canceled on me," I said, sadly. "I don't have anything to do now and it's my day off from work. I guess I'll just stay home and be bored all day."

"Listen to yourself, Court," she said, rolling her eyes at me. "Since when do you need your boyfriend to entertain you?"

"You're right, Brittany!" I said, smiling.

"Stop whining and let's go make something happen," she said to me. "We don't need boys to have fun! It'll be you and me, Court!" She smiled at me. Her smile was contagious. I couldn't help but get on board with the idea.

"Yeah!" I said, excitedly. "Let's go!"

"Let me get ready," she said, excitedly. She skipped happily out of my room. I shook my head and smiled in amusement.

I really love my sister. I know that she has better things to do than to do whatever it is we're going to be doing today. I smiled to myself, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

The doorbell rang.

Huh, that was weird, I wasn't expecting anyone over today.

"Brittany!" I yelled. "Are you expecting anyone over today?"

"No!" I heard her yell back. The doorbell rang again.

I went downstairs and opened the door.

"You!" the person screamed at me.

Farrah.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

who cancels on cheesecake factory?!? (just kidding. I'm actually supposed to go there tomorrow for my b-day dinner if stupid hurricane doesn't spoil my plans :()

As for Farrah, I feel like this can't be good.

Stephanie said...

Cancelled dates happen. Work, School, everyday occurances...at least he didn't wait till the last minute to tell Courtney he wouldn't be able to make it.

Oh goodie Farrah's back. That girl is a wack job. Can't wait to hear what she has to say this time.