BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Search

Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

It seemed that the phone rang for an eternity. I bit my lip nervously. Henry can't be right about this. He can't. Justin is perfectly fine, he's just.. He's just.. He's just driving home right now and can't answer the phone. That's right! He's driving! He doesn't have a hands-free headset and he can't answer the phone!

I felt myself getting more and more nervous, trying my best not to completely lose it and break down.

"Come on, Justin!" I exclaimed, nervously. "Pick up! Pick up!"

To my relief, I heard Justin's voice.

"Hey."

"Hey, Justin! I was-" I started to say.

"I'm not available right now, please leave your name and number and I'll give you a call back as soon as I can."

Crap. I got his voicemail. He didn't answer! He didn't answer! A loud beep interrupted my freak out session and it took a couple seconds to realize that it meant that I was supposed to leave a message.

"Hey, Justin," I said into the phone. "Please please please pick up the phone. Henry and I read your note and I'm extremely worried about you. I just want to make sure that you're ok. Please Justin, I just need you to call me back."

I reluctantly got off the phone and looked at Henry.

"What do we do now?" I asked him. He shrugged. "There must be something we can do!"

"I guess we can call everyone that we know who knows Justin to see if he's mentioned where he was going?" he suggested.

"That's a great idea!" I exclaimed, happily. I kissed him on the cheek and practically ran to the elevator.

I knew the only reason why Henry even suggested that to do this was because I was so distressed. I think that he thought that if we put the effort in and tried, that it would somewhat calm me down a couple of notches. I think he may be right.

So, two hours and countless phone calls later, we were still at square one. No one we talked to knew where Justin was. We called his parents. We called Adam. We called his friends from work (we had to get their numbers from Justin's parents). No one we called had heard from him.

I sighed. This was starting to look hopeless. I can't believe that Justin didn't call us back within those two hours. What if something horrible did happen?

"Court, did you hear me?" Henry asked me, breaking through my thoughts.

"No, I'm sorry, I have no idea what you said," I said to him. He rubbed his eyes and sighed. I knew that he was tired of all the calling with no positive results.

"I asked you if we were going to call Sarah," he said. "She might actually know where he is."

"Sure, if you want," I said, shrugging. I didn't feel like talking to her. I put my head down and tried to rest.

"Hey, Sarah, do you happen to know where Justin is?" I heard him ask.

"Uh huh, ok."

"Really?"

"Ok, I'll talk to you later. Thanks, bye."

"What did she say?" I asked him.

"I know where Justin is," Henry said with a smile.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

WHERE?!?!? how are you doing this to us J'et!!! lol great post.

Stephanie said...

Oh I really want to know where he went. New York? Someplace where he could regroup? But at least it looks like Justin is safe because Henry was smiling.