BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Telephone

Justin and Henry came in a few minutes after I had broken my phone. Justin looked at me confused and Henry started to pick up the remaining pieces of my phone. I will remain nameless of my cell phone carrier who provided me with a non-durable phone. I sighed.

"What happened?" Justin asked me.

I sat on his bed, then jumped up realizing what went on last night on the bed and made a face. Justin shrugged, apologetically, and offered me the chair. After plopping down on the chair (which was really nice, I think it's mahogany?), I debated with myself whether or not to tell Justin what was going on with Sarah or to wait until Sarah tells him herself. I highly doubt that Sarah would tell him herself though.

So, after a minute of debating with myself, I decided to tell him.

"I talked on the phone with Sarah," I said, quietly.

Justin looked speechless. It took him a couple of minutes to regain his voice and all he could say was "Really?" I nodded.

"Well, how is she?" he asked me, his eyes filled with pain.

"She's fine, Justin," I said, trying to reassure him. "I don't know how to tell you this."

"What? Just tell me," Justin said, somewhat sadly. "It can't get any worse."

Oh man, you don't know how wrong you are, Justin. I thought. It's ok, Court, you're doing the right thing by telling him. Sarah's not coming back. She's too scared to tell him herself. You've got to do it because Justin deserves an explanation. He deserves to know where Sarah is.

"Justin, Sarah's in New York," I said, hesitantly, to him. Justin looked at me in disbelief. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Henry's jaw drop.

"What?" Justin yelled. "She can't be in New York! Why is she in New York?"

Again, I hesitated on telling him exactly why she was in New York. I reminded myself that he deserves to know everything, after what Sarah put him through.

"She's there because she decided to move in with this guy named Sean," I said, softly. "I'm so sorry, Justin."

He sat down on the floor and put his head down. It was painful to watch him like this. Henry sat down next to him and was patting him on the back.

"Everything is going to be ok, man," Henry said to him. "You'll find someone better than her."

"No one's going to be better than Sarah," he said, sadly. "She's perfect in every way. There's no one else I'm going to love more than I love her. She's the love of my life and my soul mate. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I don't know if I can function without her. I miss her so much."

I couldn't help but turn away so I could roll my eyes at what Justin said. I feel for him, I really do. Honestly, it's not the end of the world when someone breaks up with you. Sure, it'll take awhile to get over that person, but you're going to find someone else who you'll love even more.

Henry looked at me, asking for help. I shrugged. I didn't know what to say to make Justin feel better. I don't think anything I could say could make him feel better.

A loud noise startled me, but I realized that it was Henry's phone.

"Who is it, Henry?" I asked him. He pulled out his phone and looked at the caller ID.

"It's Sarah," he said to me. Justin looked up and stared at the caller ID on Henry's phone.

"Let me talk to her," Justin said, reaching for the phone.

Henry looked at me as if asking me what he should do. I shrugged and he handed the phone to Justin. I motioned to Henry that we should leave the room and let Justin and Sarah do their talking.

All we heard of the conversation was Justin's "hello?".

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Justin would have found out sooner or later, so I don't blame Courtney for telling him. He DESERVED to know. Of course he DESERVED to hear it from Sarah herself.

Don't know about Justin's claims that Sarah is the "love of his life". He's never been with anyone else so who knows, some people fidn their match at 18 and some have to go through a lot of heartbreak before they find their true match. Please I'm 25 and still kissing frogs lol.

Alicia said...

I can't blame Courtney either. He did deserve to know, it's just a shame that Sarah had to be too much of a coward to call him herself.

As for her calling Henry, she just needs to leave him and Courtney's relationship alone. I mean, who is she to tell Courtney that a (excuse my language) undesisive douche bag is better for her than if Courtney were single? I mean, I want the best for my friends, but there would be no way I would try to set them back up with the person that broke their heart and trust multiple times. Plus, I don't think anyone is in the position to take any advice from Sarah, who left a really good guy at the alter because she was too cowardly to dump him beforehand.

Jayjay0jt said...

Mum- Maybe, maybe not. It's a really difficult situation for Courtney since she's in the middle of two people who she really cares for, like a child within a divorce. It's going to be interesting to see what unfolds.

Stephanie- Maybe Sarah's going to tell him herself while they're on the phone. Although, a face-to-face would be better, personally.

Isn't it interesting how some people can claim that they can't function without another person or that they won't find someone else they can love more than that one person?

I don't know if it's a personality thing, a teenager thing, or what.

Jayjay0jt said...

Alicia- You bring up really good points. We don't exactly know what Taylor might have told Sarah. I mean, Taylor is really good at worming his way into people's lives. He's still not out of Courtney's even though, it's been pretty clear that she's not interested.

It's a good thing that Courtney's not listening to her then, since Sarah's judgment is a little bit off along with Haylie's judgment. :)