BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

You Promised

Ok, so Megan and I are seriously not going to become best friends forever anytime soon. I feel kind of bad for saying this, but she's annoying me. I know, I know. I was so excited to call her and tell her that she was hired. There was also the whole I-need-a-new-girlfriend thing. But she's REALLY annoying me. I'm not sure if it's the billions of questions that she felt the need to ask me or I don't know, the reassurance that she needs every five seconds to make sure that she's doing everything right.

"Am I folding these jeans right, Courtney?" She perfectly shows me the technique that I taught her a minute ago for folding jeans.

"The hangers go in this box, right?" She points to box filled with hangers. I felt that it was obvious that the hangers were supposed to go into the box that was clearly marked "hangers", but that's just me.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today. I think I might be taking everything the wrong way, but I was too annoyed to not get annoyed by her.

Of course, it didn't help that Cody wasn't doing anything to help me out with Megan. I think that he sensed my annoyance of her and is just waiting for me to explode. He's even playing dumb when Megan started to ask him questions by directing her to me.

"Hey, Cody, how do you do a return?" she asked him. He shrugged.

"I'm not sure, I haven't had to do a lot of those, you should ask Courtney," he said to her.

I mentally groaned in frustration. Cody has been here longer than I have and has done plenty of returns. I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Thanks a lot, Cody," I said, sarcastically when Megan went on her first break. "You're very helpful."

"No problem, Courtney," he said with a devilish smile. "You know.. Megan is kind of cute."

"Ok, whatever," I said dismissively. I went back to restocking.

Megan came back from her break and began showering me with questions again. I mentally sighed. This girl has 4 years of retail experience. What the heck? I tried to answer all of her questions without sounding like a witch.

I went into the storeroom and pulled out a new shipment of skirts, noticing that Megan wasn't nipping at my heels anymore. She was talking to one of the customers. I smiled at the fact that she was no longer bugging me.

I brought the skirts to an empty rack and started sizing them. I noticed that Megan was still talking to the same customer. Actually, it looked like she was flirting with him by her body language. She was giggling and twirling her hair. I couldn't see what he looked like, but judging from her reaction to him, he must have been cute.

The customer turned around and to my shock, it was Taylor. I weakly and awkwardly waved at him. He motioned that I come over. I tried to walk as slowly as possible, dreading this conversation.

"Hey, Courtney, how are you?" Taylor asked me, giving me a one-armed hug. Megan looked at me with her eyes wide open.

"You know him, Courtney?" she asked me, a little shocked.

"We used to date," Taylor explained to her.

I saw the blood draining out of her face. She turned a ghostly white and looked at me nervously as if studying my reaction.

"W-w-well, I'm going to get back to work," Megan said, nervously. "Nice meeting you, Taylor."

As much as I'm excited that things between Megan and I are going to be awkward for some time, I was not excited to be standing here with Taylor in the store. I did not want to talk to him after what happened at the wedding.

Ok, I might have promised him a cup of coffee, but I was hoping that he was too drunk to remember that part of the conversation.

"So, are you free for that cup of coffee you promised?" Taylor asked me.

He didn't forget.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maybe Megan's nerves at starting a new job are making her asking so many qustions. At least I hope so because one would think hangers go in the box labeled "Hangers".

After the way Taylor acted there is no way I'd be "free" for anything. Plus I doubt Henry would be too happy if she went.

Could see Taylor dating Meghan to get closer to Courtney. Seems to be how he operates.

Alicia said...

Taylor's a creep