BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

I anxiously got ready for my date with Taylor. I slipped into my one shoulder, red hot, skin-tight dress after curling my hair and completing my makeup. I had decided to use more makeup than I usually did, playing up my eyes. I was really excited to see what he had planned. By the time I had found my red clutch, Taylor was already here. I quickly stuffed everything I could into my clutch.

I went downstairs and saw Taylor dressed up in a dress shirt and dress pants. I couldn't help but run up to him and jump into his arms.

"Hey," he said, laughing. "You look gorgeous."

"You look pretty good yourself," I said. I took his hand and brought him into the kitchen. "I made you brownies."

"You're adorable, thank you," he said. He kissed me. "I have a surprise for you too." He pulled out a red handkerchief.

"You're kinky," I joked, laughing. He blindfolded me with the handkerchief and carefully led me out of my house. I couldn't help but feel really ridiculous. I started laughing when I bumped my head against his car. He made sure I was ok and started asking me questions to make sure I didn't have a concussion. I giggled at how cute he was.

We drove for a little bit, I couldn't figure out what our destination was or how long we had actually been driving, when Taylor had stopped. I heard his door open and close and felt my door open.

"I'll be right back," he told me. "Don't look."

He closed the door and I sat there alone. I couldn't hear any noises and I couldn't see through the blindfold. I wish I had a clue as to where we were and what we were doing. If I didn't trust Taylor, I'd be a little freaked out. I was relieved when he had came back to let me know it's safe to come out.

He took my hand and led me to an area to sit down. I felt around me and it seemed like I was sitting on a blanket. I smiled, I figured out where we were. Taylor held me in his arms for a minute before removing the blindfold. I smiled. We were on top of the mountain and we were watching the sunset. I kissed him.

"This is amazing," I said. We were sitting on a huge picnic blanket and he had hung up heart shaped lanterns on the nearby trees. There were rose petals scattered on the picnic blanket, a bottle of sparkling apple cider chilling in a wine cooler, a picnic basket filled with my favorite foods, and a teddy bear with a box of chocolate leaning next to it. He had brought the brownies I made for him along also. I couldn't help but grin. I was extremely happy. "I love it."

We sat there cuddling with his arms around me until the sun had set. He lit the heart shaped candles. We enjoyed our little picnic and laid there staring at what little stars there were in the sky.

"I have something for you," he said, softly.

"Really, Taylor, this whole night was amazing," I said. "You didn't have to get me anything else."

He sat up and pulled a ring box out from his pocket. I was shocked when he handed it to me. I opened it and I let out a mental sigh of relief. I was staring at his class ring on a gold necklace.

"Court, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked me.

"Of course," I said, smiling. "I'd love to be your girlfriend, Taylor."

2 comments:

Jayjay0jt said...

I know it's repetitive, but I love the idea of the guy giving a girl his class ring as a symbol of going steady. :) I wish my boyfriend had bought a class ring and presented me with it. (I'm living through Courtney right now. LOL.)

mum said...

I love that he gave Court his ring. Very sweet and old-fashioned. I'm enjoying this. mum